WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've long wanted to add a Hamilton to my modest collection, and have been fixated on this Jazzmaster quartz for a while. I like blue dials, and I've come over the last few years to appreciate the inclusion of a chrono complication. I'd prefer Hamilton's automatic Jazzmaster equivalent to it, but that's not in the budget right now. My last couple of watches have been HAQs (Bulova Lunar Pilot and Certina DS-8), but I understand this movement is not. All that said, since I'm relatively unfamiliar with the general quality of Hamilton quartz watches, can someone who is offer advice as to whether or not this would be a wise purchase, whether or not their quartz watches/movements are similar in quality, function, and fit-and-finish to their automatics?

·
Premium Member
5,002 Posts
One of my Hamilton's is a quartz watch, and it has yet to fail me either with its monthly precision in its accuracy or its quality.

As for the watch you have mentioned, I don't think you will be disappointed in its quality or in its precision of accuracy. As for the movement, it is an ETA 251.274 and is part of ETA's Normflatline quartz movements (a step above ETA's entry-level quartz movements). In fact, this particular ETA quartz movement has either PreciDrive and/or PowerDrive, which some would argue puts this movement in the same league as other more expensive brands HAQ movements.

Below is a link on the Normflatline quartz movements, as well as, an overview of the PreciDrive and/or PowerDrive technology.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I like it! I wish more companies offered the option of a HAQ in their watches. I know some folks think that it cheapens the brand, but not me. No watch winders needed or picking it up after a few days and having to set the date and time.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
One of my Hamilton's is a quartz watch, and it has yet to fail me either with its monthly precision in its accuracy or its quality.

As for the watch you have mentioned, I don't think you will be disappointed in its quality or in its precision of accuracy. As for the movement, it is an ETA 251.274 and is part of ETA's Normflatline quartz movements (a step above ETA's entry-level quartz movements). In fact, this particular ETA quartz movement has either PreciDrive and/or PowerDrive, which some would argue puts this movement in the same league as other more expensive brands HAQ movements.

Below is a link on the Normflatline quartz movements, as well as, an overview of the PreciDrive and/or PowerDrive technology.

Fantastic -- I appreciate the info on the movement...great to hear that as quartz movements go, it's an impressive one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts