WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Premium Member
20,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

HAMILTON Jazzmaster Face2Face
Hamilton ventures into new terrain by giving its latest innovation, the Jazzmaster Face2face, a dual identity. Avant-garde on the one hand, classic on the other, this is a watch with two very different personalities… that are destined never to meet. How does it work? A single rotating case houses two dials, hence two automatic calibres: a chrono and a three-hands. Alternate between faces to match your mood or as a second time zone, and a different personality is revealed: bold and sophisticated, or elegant and serene. A black leather strap with blue lining and top-stitching completes an illusion that is more real than it seems. Limited edition of 888.
MovementMechanical automatic, ETA 2094 (chrono) and ETA 2671 (3 hands), skeletonised rotors and exclusive decoration
FunctionsHours, minutes, seconds (3 hands), chronograph and date
CaseStainless steel, oval and rotating, 53 x 44 mm
Sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
Water-resistant to 5 bars (50 m/5 ATM)
DialSmoked crystal with blue accents - off-centre time display on the right (chrono)
12-hour counter at 6 o'clock, 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock, small seconds at 9 o'clock
Date window between 4 and 5 o'clock
Silvered, sunburst brushed finish - off-centre time display on the left (3 hands)
Limited-edition number inscribed at 6 o'clock
Bracelet/StrapBlack leather with blue lining, blue top-stitching and folding clasp

· Banned
386 Posts

Hamilton ventures into new terrain by giving its latest innovation, the Jazzmaster Face2face, a dual identity. Avant-garde on the one hand, classic on the other, this is a watch with two very different personalities… that are destined never to meet. How does it work? A single rotating case houses two dials, hence two automatic calibres: a chrono and a three-hands. Alternate between faces to match your mood or as a second time zone, and a different personality is revealed: bold and sophisticated, or elegant and serene. A black leather strap with blue lining and top-stitching completes an illusion that is more real than it seems. Limited edition of 888.
MovementMechanical automatic, ETA 2094 (chrono) and ETA 2671 (3 hands), skeletonised rotors and exclusive decoration
DialSmoked crystal with blue accents - off-centre time display on the right (chrono)
12-hour counter at 6 o'clock, 30-minute counter at 3 o'clock, small seconds at 9 o'clock
Silvered, sunburst brushed finish - off-centre time display on the left (3 hands)
Bracelet/StrapBlack leather with blue lining, blue top-stitching and folding clasp

[/looks quite big, I like the idea of novelty but most of all, knowing that ETA starts to limit they production for non Swatch Group Brands, This is a very nice way to provide more mecanism within they own brands. Cool idea though ]

· Registered
2,349 Posts
Interesting, though how do you turn it around? The casing doesn't seem to be symmetrical so the strap can't be turned around, i can't seem to see any way of rotating it any other way as they say in the PR stuff. Hm...

· Registered
10 Posts
Re: HAMILTON Jazzmaster Face2Face - Problems with the Clasp!

Just got the Face 2 Face, but the clasp is not locking in place, is it a generic problem? Need help / guidance please. Thank you!

Got the problem fixed, the curvature of the clasp (of one side) was the problem, I slightly adjusted the curvature of the clasp with my hands and now it's all fine, thank GOD that I could quickly get this rectified and that too so simply!

· Registered
4,517 Posts
At $6000 retail, I'd say it's pretty pricey, far more than the sum of its parts (dress watch $500 + chrono $1500).

When you bundle services and software, value for money increases; when you bundle horological features/functions, value for money decreases.

· Registered
10 Posts
At $6000 retail, I'd say it's pretty pricey, far more than the sum of its parts (dress watch $500 + chrono $1500).

When you bundle services and software, value for money increases; when you bundle horological features/functions, value for money decreases.
I'm not much familiar with other similar designed watches (that flips perfectly within the case), nonetheless I feel with the Limited Production run of 888 watches (and no other design or colour theme - only one and that is limited to 888 watches), I think its a Collector's watch.

I've been using and trust me the eyeballs watching it, when its flipped, is 'priceless'.

The way I see it, its an ingenius design and not cheap replica type watch, but tried and tested movements.

· Premium Member
24,289 Posts
I'm not much familiar with other similar designed watches (that flips perfectly within the case), nonetheless I feel with the Limited Production run of 888 watches (and no other design or colour theme - only one and that is limited to 888 watches), I think its a Collector's watch.

I've been using and trust me the eyeballs watching it, when its flipped, is 'priceless'.

The way I see it, its an ingenius design and not cheap replica type watch, but tried and tested movements.
For that kind of money, the Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duos make more sense to me. They at least feature a movement that is custom built to display the time on both faces of the watch.

· Premium Member
24,289 Posts
Even Invicta has a reversible watch, the Transatlantic.

Rotary has the Revelation.

Cartier has the Basculante.

· Registered
219 Posts
really cool watch, never seen anything like this

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.