WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi There,

First time post for me ;-)

I live in Australia and are trying to find a shop (online or in the country)that sells Hamilton Watches.
In particular I am chasing a Hamilton Jazzmaster Maestro Auto Chrono (see link below).

H32766513 | Hamilton Watch

I am looking for a watch that is similar in looks to the IWC Portugese,and this Hamilton really appeals to me.
Unfortunately the IWC is out of my price range :-(

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can purchase this Hamilton Watch?

Thankyou :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Hamilton dealers in Australia. I bought my Hamilton from Topper Fine Jewelers in the US. Got a great discount and got the watch in the mail 4 days later. Email Rob [email protected]

Topper Jewelers. Authorized Dealers of Omega, Ball, Bremont, Zenith, Glashütte Original, Tacori, Marco Bicego and many more
Thanks for the reply Cpl, I have sent Rob an email regarding the watch. Fingers crossed its in stock :)
Topper Jewelers website keeps throwing memory errors when trying to browse the site which isn't good.

How did your find out about this store were you recommended?
Currently reading reviews on a blog to watch - seems to be a really quality store.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Thanks for the reply Cpl, I have sent Rob an email regarding the watch. Fingers crossed its in stock :)
Topper Jewelers website keeps throwing memory errors when trying to browse the site which isn't good.

How did your find out about this store were you recommended?
Currently reading reviews on a blog to watch - seems to be a really quality store.

Thanks
Glad I could help. They're a forum sponsor. Another member recommended trying them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Guys,

Just thought I would post an update on this thread regarding my quest to obtain this Hamilton watch.

I have purchased the watch through Topper Fine Jewellers in the US. Rob has been very helpful with the whole process.
Should ship from the US next Tuesday/Wednesday, cant wait!:)

Not too sure if it will get through customs due to its price - but we'll see (I think I might have to pay GST on it - not sure how I would pay it though).
If anyone is familiar with buying watches overseas, I would like to hear your input.

Anyway, I highly recommend Topper Fine Jewellers

Cant wait to get my new Hamilton :-d

Reactions: cpl

·
Registered
2 Posts
First time poster!

Been having a look around and nice to see a Hamilton forum, they arent massively known in the UK which is one of the appeals for me. I am currently wearing my Hamilton Jazzmaster Meastro, which ive had for over a year now, and I love everything about it. Out of all my watches its the one that gets noticed the most thats for sure

·
Registered
802 Posts
Sorry to play devil's advocate here. Iciclez, you need to be aware that the JazzMaster Maestro is a massive watch. It's very heavy too. I bought the exact same model with the same thinking, that it'll be good enough as I didn't really want to spend 8k on the IWC. Well... 3 months after buying I was already contacting dealers on a price for the IWC and 3 months after that I had flipped the Hamilton for a loss and owned the IWC.

Wrist shot difference:

Of course that's not also accounting for the thickness difference. The Hamilton is what, 16mm tall, the IWC 12mm?

If you're willing to spend near 2k USD on the Hamilton, save up another few years to get the IWC.

The following blog post really highlights the differences between the two. If you're set on getting a Hamilton, then get a model that's unique, not one that sort of reminds you of the IWC as you'll always end up wanting the one that it reminds you of.

Even the Swiss Homage their own Watches

·
Registered
122 Posts
The IWC is very nice. Looks bigger than the Jazzmaster even though I know it's far thinner. I like the size and weight of my Jazzmaster and a 1500-2k price point is very far off from an 8k. It's like comparing a mid level car to a luxury car. Enjoy the Jazzmaster and as you're able to budget for nicer watches down the line, add to the collection.

·
Registered
802 Posts
The IWC is very nice. Looks bigger than the Jazzmaster even though I know it's far thinner. I like the size and weight of my Jazzmaster and a 1500-2k price point is very far off from an 8k. It's like comparing a mid level car to a luxury car. Enjoy the Jazzmaster and as you're able to budget for nicer watches down the line, add to the collection.
It's actually 5mm smaller. The Hamilton is published at 45 or 46mm (I've seen both) and the IWC is 40.9mm.

2k is already considered crazy in most people's opinion for a watch, so if the OP is already in that territory, might as well save up a few more years (or less, who knows how his finances are) and get the IWC!

A car has become a necessity for most people whereas a watch most certainly isn't. So to buy a mid-range car is something most people have to do, whereas no one has to drop 2k on a watch.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your responses to this thread. The watch is in transit I should receive it in a few days, can't wait!

Gyang333, I am fully aware of the watches dimensions it's big! Which is cool, I like that.:)
I have my heart set on this Hamilton, can't wait.

Thankyou :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts