WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, so just when I had decided to go for the Hamilton Jazzmaster as my first automatic watch - I walk into a Tissot AD and found this watch... I absolutely loved that it has a full exhibition back (opposed to a window offered on the hamilton), I got to wear it and it felt good in weight and size. It was the T035.207.11.011.00 (I saw online that it also comes in black - which I would prefer)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372221091.245400.jpg

I also found a local Hamilton agent who said he could order me (if prepaid) the model I liked - but I'm torn over ordering a watch without ever seeing/touching/feeling it or going with the above Tissot that I know I like.

This is my Hamilton choice:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372221147.473835.jpg

The Hamilton Jazzmaster Automatic in Black

So what would you guys do? I do like Hamilton - but the Tissot is very close in my book.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Are they the same case size?

I think the placement of the date on the Hammy makes it look more unique. I also think the Hamiton is a little more dressy and the Tissot a bit more casual, so I guess it depends a bit on your style.

Do you have a pic of the Tissot in black?

·
Registered
218 Posts
I like the design of the Tissot better but not wild about white dials.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
I prefer the Tissot. I really like the hands on it, and it strikes me as a dress watch style, where the Hamilton is neither dressy enough to be dressy nor sporty enough to be sporty and so it leaves me hanging...

·
Premium Member
38,925 Posts
For me Tissot usually wins the battles against Hamilton. This one is no exception for me. Just a better balanced dial. Would be better to see them both in black or both in white though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are they the same case size?

I think the placement of the date on the Hammy makes it look more unique. I also think the Hamiton is a little more dressy and the Tissot a bit more casual, so I guess it depends a bit on your style.

Do you have a pic of the Tissot in black?

This is the Couturier in black. I agree that the Tissot looks a bit more casual too.

The case size for the Tissot is a little smaller (32mm) the Hamilton is a 35mm case.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Tissot in black looks much nicer than one with white dial.

I prefer Tissot's hands and hour markers, but prefer Hamilton's date window and placement..

·
Registered
20,963 Posts
Both really nice, and you can't go wrong with either, but I don't like the Tissot's bracelet and I prefer the markers on the Hamilton. So I say Hamilton.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Tissot by a mile for me. I like the dimensional case, the more interesting bracelet, and the proportion of the crown. Most of the components look slightly sportier to me, other than the dial. I think it stands out a little more while the Hamilton looks like a watch that would blend in.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
Neither one. They both have white date wheels slapped on black dials. Ruins it for me.

I'd go Seiko SARB033 if you are after a versatile black dial.

Build quality is at least as good and you can save some money on top of it, particularly with the weak Yen right now.

s_sarb033h.jpg

·
Registered
396 Posts
Hamilton

·
Registered
605 Posts
Much prefer the tissot and actually like the white dial better. Are these womens watches? 32 and 35 is tiny for a modern mans watch.

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
One of the reasons I pay the premium at the AD is to see/hold/try the watch before purchase. If you have to prepay and special order, you might as well buy grey market online and save some dough.

For a lady I definitely prefer the Tissot.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
This is the Couturier in black...
That does look good too.

Quality-wise, they're pretty equal. You just need to pick the one that sings to you the most.
And that case size is a pretty significant difference. Do you prefer watches larger or smaller?

The Seiko SARB033 was a good suggestion too. If you're new to this, don't think, "Seiko means low-end." They make watches for all segments and their SARBs are as good, or better, than Hamilton and Tissot.

Just what you needed... another choice... ;-)

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a similar Hamilton in 44MM which I'm very happy with but between those two, and for a lady I'd pick the Tissot by a wide margin.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Tissot...Hamilton....I will be the final judge on this...ok?
No one said no....So, I say, whichever one you like.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts