WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently acquired a Hamilton Khaki (quartz with black face). It looks a lot like an official military watch, but dresses it up with the following features:

* Sapphire crystal, flat and slightly domed (most military watches have use acrylic). Its much more reflective acrylic, not much good if you are a sniper, but it's much harder so it resists scratches.
* 100m waterproof, partly due to its screw back (most military watches are 50m or under)
* Looks wider than an average military watch
* Has spring bars with a thick padded leather lined fabric strap (most military watches have fixed bars and have a simple nylon strap)
* Has a huge crown like classic mil watches but it is made of bead blasted SS and is signed with an embossed H
* The dial is seperated into 3 parts, the center is shiny black and the mid ring with the numerals is comprised of tiny concentric circles (most mil watches are matt black). It also has marks between the seconds which mil watches dont have
* It has super luminova lume on all 3 hands including the tip of the seconds hand. All of the numerals glow as well as the dot markers

I rather like it! The quality is fantastic, it has the solidness of actual military watches with an extra fine finish. Much nicer than any Seiko i've owned!

Hamilton vs recent British military watches

·
Registered
14 Posts
nice watch...Khaki Fields are my favorite Hammys

·
Registered
14 Posts
did you add on the green canvas strap? ive been looking for a khaki field that comes with the green canvas strap, besides the mechanical*

·
Registered
14 Posts
yeah i just found a place that sells the green canvas replacement strap for hammys. im def gonna order one soon! your watch looks great!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.