WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally decided on the Hamilton Khaki Navy, black face, automatic, 40mm, stainless band, internal bezel. NOT the GMT. After spending maybe months combing this site and the world of sub 1k watches.

Specifically this watch: Item Number: H77515133

http://www.topperjewelers.com/watches/hamilton/H77515133

I made this decision after reviewing autos under $800, and based on it being listed on the Topper site, was ready to pul the trigger. I called them up to order and BAM they said it's been discontinued and don't carry it.

I've called every watch rep from Hamilton in New Jersey and not one has one in stock. One said the called Hamilton for me and Hamilton said it's not available in the US and was discontinued.

Questions:

1. Is it available in europe? Asia? I''ll gladly buy there and ship if someone has a dealer for me.

2. Is it entirely unavailable and I should just give up? If so I'll go for the Khaki King but the Navy is so hot it's the one I want.

3. Was it ever available in the US?

Please help me find this watch watch loving brothers and sisters. I don't want to settle (not that a khaki is settling but you know what I mean).

- G. Thank you for your help in advance!

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
Don't discount aftermarket bracelets or buying a bracelet directly from Hamilton... and to tell you the truth, I think that a strap is more fitting for this watch. I also wish I had sprung for the white over the blue, as the white has the cool mil-style dial and is easier to match straps with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the tip, I checked and none have the black face. Good looking out though brother.

I believe my search is over, after spending exhaustive time on the watch pick subject, I've decided to order a custom Vantage from MKII and just wait it out for a few months. I'll have a watch that is truly unique.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Try 24diamonds.com. Hamilton 77415133 appears to be in stock. I am not familiar with the company, but they list BBB and other "safe" memberships on their website. A few telephone calls could provide peace of mind.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
As an owner of several Hamiltons, a word of warning. If you want a watch on bracelet (or you think you'd like that option in the future) BUY it on bracelet. Some watches that comes on a strap can be fitted with an OEM or 3rd party bracelet...others cannot be fitted with OEM (3rd party, maybe) bracelets. Lug arrangements are often different between the same model of watch depending on whether it originally comes on a strap vs a bracelet. I'm not sure if the Navy falls into this category (ask this in the Hamilton forum and someone is sure to pipe up).

The Navy (like Zippo's) was offered in NA...they are just discontinued to make way for the new Navy lineup.

·
Affordables Moderator
17,577 Posts
As an owner of several Hamiltons, a word of warning. If you want a watch on bracelet (or you think you'd like that option in the future) BUY it on bracelet. Some watches that comes on a strap can be fitted with an OEM or 3rd party bracelet...others cannot be fitted with OEM (3rd party, maybe) bracelets. Lug arrangements are often different between the same model of watch depending on whether it originally comes on a strap vs a bracelet. I'm not sure if the Navy falls into this category (ask this in the Hamilton forum and someone is sure to pipe up).

The Navy (like Zippo's) was offered in NA...they are just discontinued to make way for the new Navy lineup.
I am not sure about aftermarket bracelets for the Khaki Navy either, but I do know the solid end links on the bracelet are a very close tolerance. I had it on a rubber strap for a short time and went back to the bracelet. It was not easy getting it off and on!

·
Registered
602 Posts
I'm wearing mine on a Maratac Elite right now - I picked it up from Ashford during the BCB 50% off sale, so it was $157. I really do love this watch. It is probably the most accurate one I own. Right now it is 10 seconds behind real time (time.gov), after wearing it for about 6 weeks straight. I've never seen it for sale with the bracelet on though - mine came with the crappy Hamilton NATO strap.

Chris

1 - 15 of 15 Posts