WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
USPS estimated it would arrive Tuesday. Instead, it came day: Yay!

Gosh, it's beautiful. I'm glad I stuck to my guns and sold the Tourby Marine. This one is just the right size, though I must admit that it is not 100% comparable, since this one has Arabic numerals instead of Roman. I'm SO impressed with Hamilton these days. (Tourby = 42mm, Hamilton = 40mm, wrist = 6-3/4" dia.)

From this pic, it appears that the wire lugs are integrated into the back...

I just finished setting it to atomic time. We'll see how she's doing this evening.

Continuing the earlier speculation about whether a NATO could work...

Maybe one of the fancy-pants leather ones like Jackrobinson's got, or a beige or brown... But since it won't be easy to get the stock strap off, I'll probably just stick with that until it expires.

Now, time to head off to the "Tic Toc Doc" and drop these off for service:

• The Luch slips when winding; feels like some gear mesh is too loose. It CAME this way, but since it came from RUSSIAN!, it's not worth it to send it back.
  • The Vulcain has a broken chrono seconds hand; you can see it floating there between 7-9:00
  • The OMEGA! still takes way too much effort to wind, and the click jams it up sometimes (part of the joy of vintage watch deals on FeeBay)
  • The Benrus has a chip of paint from the dial that came loose and is currently stuck at 3:20, and it seems to need a CLA to boot.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
congrats. very good looking watch. nice clean light and fresh dial, great font, lovely finish allround and by the wrist shot - fits you like a glove.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
This was a popular one last year. Folks went bananas over them, and rightly so.

Great pickup.

"He's just a witness"

·
Registered
926 Posts
A great looking watch. One of those watches on my 'Would be interested in if I didn't have tiny wrists' list.

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
That's a beauty. i would love to get one myself.

And the numbers are more in line with the original Hamilton Marine decks

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
Congratulations. That is a beauty and its a nice size. Font is great and the overall feel of the watch is also very nice. Hamilton does some weird watches, just plain weird, but that one looks great. Wear it in good health.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
That's a classy looking watch. Congrats on your new Hamilton!

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Here is its blue brother (posted this for the nth time). I was thinking hard which dial colour to get. Chose to love this one regardless of the white date window

hammy.jpg

·
Registered
11,367 Posts
What a great looking Hamilton. That's one of the nicest ones I've seen in a while. Wear it in good health!

·
Registered
435 Posts
Gorgeous watch. I am dying for a 40mm marine watch. They are all out of my budget, but when I have the cash, the Hamilton will be one of the brands I will be seriously considering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A great looking watch. One of those watches on my 'Would be interested in if I didn't have tiny wrists' list.
My wrist is only 6-3/4" circumference.

If yours is much smaller than that, then it means you're a perfect candidate for 50s and 60s vintage Swiss watches, which lots of guys avoid, due to being smaller than 40mm. ;)

·
Registered
496 Posts
This Hammy is really awesome.

Mine says hello to yours.

image.jpg

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
This is a fantastic watch, congrats. I've been planning to get a marine watch for some time and this one was on my list for a while. The only thing I don't like is the date window and the fact that they shrunk the 3 to accommodate it. If it didn't have a date, it would be top of my list.

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Congrats on a nice looking piece! I've posted about this one in the past. I much prefer Arabic numerals anyway, so that's fine with me. My only gripes are the date window would be better off gone, since it causes that shrunken '3'...

I dig the case shape / finish though. And it's neat that they hid regular spring bars inside those old timey looking wire lugs.

Any AR on the crystal? I know Hamilton isn't big on AR...

Are the hands temp blued or painted?

Reactions: sduford

·
Registered
192 Posts
Congrats! That is one handsome watch. I was at an AD the other day at a local mall and saw this model on display. I made it clear that I was not buying anything at the moment, but the sales person was nonetheless very helpful. (It was the middle of the week in the evening and I think I was the only non-employee in the store.) Anyhow, I tried this one on as well as a Tudor. I was very tempted by the Hamilton. A very nice watch indeed.

Congrats, again, and wear it in good health.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts