WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have to start by saying I have been looking for a nice pilot chrono for a while. I have had the Archimede Chrono, the Laco Chrono, Aristo chrono, Steinhart chrono and one or two others. I am more of a dive watch guy but I always like to have one Pilot in my collection. So I decided to give the Hamilton a try, and WOW !! The finishing is very close to being on par with my Omega's and far superior in my opinion to any of the Pilot watches I have mentioned here. Finishing at this level could easily push this watch another thousand dollars in the price. Next is the applied numerals that really stand out in different light situations. Really looks better inperson than in pictures. Now for the fit, I have a 6.75 inch wrist and this watch feels perfect at 42mm. very short lug to lug, definitely under 50. And although it is about 16 thick, it really mealts nicely into the wrist due to the heavily curved lugs. I have not timed it yet buy it has the H31 movement with a 60hr power reserve. Overall this feels like a much more expensive wath than it is, thanks to Rob at topper Jewelers for the watch.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after 24hrs, plus 4 secs...not bad on a full wind for a new watch

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
That's awesome! I was between one of these and the Pan Europ when I was looking for a chronograph last time. I went with the Pan Europ, but the Pilot is a great watch that I would love to own someday.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's awesome! I was between one of these and the Pan Europ when I was looking for a chronograph last time. I went with the Pan Europ, but the Pilot is a great watch that I would love to own someday.
I like the PanEurop too, alot and was considering it. But the short lug to lug and the unique pilot/chrono design won me over..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts