WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
going to get a new watch guys and narrowed it down to 2 the hamilton khaki pilot cooper watch and the seiko spb077 . i know they not exactly similar watches to compare but which would you have and more importantly why? which is more accurate, which is more robust ?

·
Premium Member
1,158 Posts
Hi. I have worn the Cooper watch, and decided not to buy it, so I can’t offer any info about the accuracy or how robust it is: but from reading about the two online I don’t think there’d be a lot in it. I did buy the spb077 though and honestly think it’s a phenomenal watch. I am more attracted to dive watches generally, and have had a lot of different Seikos over the years, but I think the size of this one, the looks and versatility, and the balance of cost to features makes it a very hard to beat package - and, very simply one of the best divers they have ever made in my opinion (I believe it would be easier and cheaper to service and regulate as well). I honestly only considered the Interstellar watch because I enjoyed the movie so much, but I didn’t connect with it in person at all. It felt a little bit too bling for me personally, and the dial area being open, to my eye wore larger than the spb077, despite the on paper dimensions.
2994E224-A335-4204-9030-A367BBC66A17.jpeg
7C72D161-F72B-4CFA-BFC7-58B35D35B1A1.jpeg

·
Premium Member
8,384 Posts
I would hold off buying this particular Hamilton Khaki Pilot model. I have examined this model several times in the past at my local AD. However, the glare/reflection coming off the dial's crystal made seeing the dial's handset and its numbers difficult under the store's fluorescent lights.

My recommendation if you are interested in a Hamilton Khaki Pilot would be to look at their latest released models in the last few years where the dial's handset and numbers are more distinct under different light settings.

BTW, I do own a Hamilton Khaki Pilot that came out last year, and I am very satisfied with it when viewing the dial under artificial light settings.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would hold off buying this particular Hamilton Khaki Pilot model. I have examined this model several times in the past at my local AD. However, the glare/reflection coming off the dial's crystal made seeing the dial's handset and its numbers difficult under the store's fluorescent lights.

My recommendation if you are interested in a Hamilton Khaki Pilot would be to look at their latest released models in the last few years where the dial's handset and numbers are more distinct under different light settings.

BTW, I do own a Hamilton Khaki Pilot that came out last year, and I am very satisfied with it when viewing the dial under artificial light settings.

its this particular watch i like . is there a updated version . which one do you have exactly due

·
Premium Member
8,384 Posts
its this particular watch i like . is there a updated version . which one do you have exactly due
The three models below were released in the last two years. As you see, the handset and the numbers and indices are much more distinct on the dial, thereby making it much easier to read under different light settings. Plus, they are available both in 42mm and 46mm's. Of the three, my personal preference would be the first one illustrated.

I have the 46mm Khaki Aviation Pilot Schott NYC - Limited Edition, which I have posted in a thread on the Hamilton forum a few months back.

H64645531_5.png H64605531_5.png h64625731.png

·
Premium Member
36,086 Posts
I had the Khaki Pilot and enjoyed it.

Fairly robust, keep good time, comfy on the wrist, and overall fit and finish was nice for the price, IMHO.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hamilton Khacki for their build quality alone. They are a brand that seems to provide a good value for what you're paying, especially in the gray market.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
324 Posts
No experience with either of them but just by looks, history and trajectory of Seiko I would go with the 077.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts