WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For a while, I was looking to buy current models or Vietnam era military watches. But, I couldn't find anything that something special until this came along.

I don't have much information except.
1. made in 1940s
2. manual movement keeping correct time
3. silver plated dial
4. lug size 18mm which is very good

Even though it's not military or military style watch, I'm just impressed with its look.

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Nice watch. The gleen of the finish and the lack of deterioration of any kind, especially in the lume on the hands, points to a redial.

We love movement pics!!

·
Moderator Public Forum
21,950 Posts
I love the look! I agree, it's probably a redial, but it will look great on the wrist. Is it about 33mm +- ?

·
Registered
741 Posts
For a while, I was looking to buy current models or Vietnam era military watches. But, I couldn't find anything that something special until this came along.

I don't have much information except.
1. made in 1940s
2. manual movement keeping correct time
3. silver plated dial
4. lug size 18mm which is very good

Even though it's not military or military style watch, I'm just impressed with its look.
hello. nice watch. very clean.

it's from the late 50s. the closest i could find is the 1958 model called the Cabot. here's the catalog:

1958 Hamilton Catalog

i think the movement is probably swiss.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think, some watches have stories to tell and some don't. For this watch, it doesn't have any letters or engravings, and I don't even know what's called. So, I'm satisfied with it looking new feeling like the first owner. :-s

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for finding related catalog. Maybe it's fifties, I'm not a Hamilton expert. I just wanted to have something looking good in Hamilton. Thanks again for nice comments. :thanks

·
Premium Member
12,932 Posts
very nice condition hamilton:-!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts