WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe this watch is going to be my next....a Hamilton- Khaki Navy Sub with a blue dial. The case is 40mm x 11mm, so it shouldn't be too big and bulky, but not too small either.

Has anyone seen these in person or owned one? What are/were your impressions?

Thanks.

With black dial...

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is an excellent watch for the money; note the last part of that sentence, however. Mine took some breaking in for the crowns to be fully seated, and some quirks where the case meets the crown can be frustrating. Those are the only two complaints, though, and it is certainly one of the best dive/automatic watches you can buy for under $500. The rubber strap is super comfortable and the size is perfect for those with moderately sized wrists. Functions are easy to use: technically, you can have up to three separate time zones, but the city display is meant to be synchronized with the "T2" indicator, meaning you'll have to look up the time in that particular city manually. Beware the GMT with an external bezel, that may add some unwanted size and bulk to the timepiece. Fit and finish are superb by any standard, and the 2893.1 ETA is a true workhorse. Hope this helps.

Best,

- Bob

·
Registered
71 Posts
Does anyone own one of these? Anyone have pics of it on their wrist? I just bought one sight unseen and I'm a little anxious in it's arrival.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts