WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if Hamiltons fall under "affordable" watches...

But what is a good typical discount on new Hamilton watches sold by authorised dealers? 15%? 20%? 30%?

thnx! |>

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Not sure if Hamiltons fall under "affordable" watches...

But what is a good typical discount on new Hamilton watches sold by authorised dealers? 15%? 20%? 30%?

thnx! |>
We take a broad view of "affordable" in here northerner and if dear old aunt Sally leaves you (or any of our members) a bundle and you reel in a couple of those nice grails on your list I sure hope you post em up in here :-!
As for the Hammy discount, I'd suggest you do some cruising around and compare.
Personally I don't give a hoot if I buy from authorised dealers or not.
If it's a reputable site giving me a better deal and serial #'s are unaltered, I'll get it there.
Of course if you mention gray market watches in certain forums around here, they regard you as little better than a heathen terrorist :-D

·
Registered
8,827 Posts
..... Of course if you mention gray market watches in certain forums around here, they regard you as little better than a heathen terrorist :-D
Now, now - we are all one big family at WUS. And your're a Mod.....oh for shame!:roll:

·
Banned
3,600 Posts
Nothing wrong with getting a good deal....gray market or authorized dealer. I think you need to be aware of warranty provisions if you purchase from a gray market site/dealer.

Other than that...get your deal. I usually try to give serious consideration to using authorized dealer networks if the watch costs over $500. It is nice to have a receipt and valid warranty and factory packaging if you decide to turn around and sell the piece down the road.

It helps to get some background on a gray market dealer and on ebay this is fairly easy to do by checking out the "Feedbacks" left for the sellers. Other than that.....you might consider looking at merchandise at a brick and mortar store to get an idea of the watch you are considering. Sometimes seeing, holding, and trying on a watch can really be helpful.
You can also get a good idea of what type of discount the jeweler is offereing when you are there "in person". They know you mean business if you go in person.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts