WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine is retiring after 30yrs working for the post office. He recently started wearing a blue dial Fossil Minimalist his daughter got him as a gift. Naturally we didn't want to "replace" this watch from his daughter so we all put our heads together and found something he can wear during his part time job at the local cigar shop and dress up when needed.

We came up with the Hamilton Khaki Field King Automatic H64455523. The day/date feature is perfect for work and he is always wearing khaki shorts/pants and a light colored shirt.

The beige color dial and brown strap will compliment his work attire perfectly yet still be a good conversation piece when a good eye spots it.

I will get some pictures of him wearing it as he seems to show great interest in watches as we all start to talk more about our hobby.

81ULY9kbfUL_1558203154781._AC_UL1500_.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Excellent choice! I just purchased the same watch with the black dial and IMHO it's pretty versatile. On a leather strap, it can be dressy and it can be sporty on nylon or a NATO strap.

·
Premium Member
71,424 Posts
Top choice. When I read the title I was thinking “dress watch” but upon reading your post I reckon that you made a first rate choice.

·
Premium Member
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! This was a group effort with 8 people pitching in. Surprisingly not a single person objected or could find a better match for him.

It is probably the only time we will all agree on something.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
a fine idea, with precedent. this is my grandfathers brothers watch, a gift for a "half a century" at western union. i wear it frequently. i do not know what model it is, or which year produced.
IMG_7482.JPG IMG_7483.JPG

1 - 7 of 7 Posts