WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, sorry for barging into your forum like this but it has been bugging me for some time. Ever since I got this watch from a relative I have been wondering if there was any significance to it. I did some research but just didn't know where to go to find the exact model or year this watch was made. It works well and it seems like a new band was put on it...but that is all I know. The only inscription on the back says...10K gold filled and a Hamilton.

here are the pictures. Is there anything you can tell me?

photo-1.JPG photo.JPG

·
Registered
18,163 Posts
Looks like a 30's or 40's Hamilton. These were very nice watches. The back easily comes off and a movement pic will tell us how nice... some of them were the equivalent of Pateks... but they never go for near their price!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a 30's or 40's Hamilton. These were very nice watches. The back easily comes off and a movement pic will tell us how nice... some of them were the equivalent of Pateks... but they never go for near their price!!
Hope this helps as I dont know what I am looking at. I was hoping I didn't break it when I opened it up...:)

photo-2.JPG

·
Registered
741 Posts
side note on the link provided by mr. richter...the example shown therein is pretty unusual in that it displays a straight line damaskeening. the vast majority of 980s were finished with a simple butler finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts