WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For anyone interested I have a new web site dedicated to the history of Hampden from the Mozart days unto the present Hampden Corp. It includes the full story of the sale of the Canton factory equipment to the USSR and of the Americans who went to Moscow to train the Russian workers.

hampdenwatches.com

·
Registered
555 Posts
That looks like a great resource. I started reading about John Dueber on your site. I have a small Dueber Hampden wrist watch that I've had in my collection for a number of years, but I've known nothing of the company history.

·
Registered
555 Posts
The 400 is a favourite movement of mine. I haven't seen that case style before, it looks very nice. Do you know if is original or if the movement has been re-cased? 1919 by the way.
Thanks for the information. Glad to have the specific year! I do like the embelishments on the movement. I don't know if it was re-cased, but I wouldn't be surprised. I bought it on ebay, maybe 14 years ago.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Awesome! I have been looking for more info as I inherited this 1916 Hampden No.109 from my Great Grandfather. It is on my desk at work now. It runs great. And that slow beat rate is so cool to hear chunking away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts