WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
I'm not clear, did you think that only automatic mechanical watches had dates, or that only quartz watches had them?

In either case, there are lots of both.

The one I have (stock photo) :

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not clear, did you think that only automatic mechanical watches had dates, or that only quartz watches had them?

In either case, there are lots of both.

The one I have (stock photo) :

Most Unitas based watches I see are non date. Nomos fly under the radar for me mostly because I don't like them.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Most Komandirskie watches (2414A movement) are hand-wound with a date.

Reactions: bu11itt and Redrum

·
Registered
589 Posts
Here's another GO hand wound with date:

·
Registered
769 Posts
Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
769 Posts
Here's mine, and it's a joy winding it everytime.

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Volmax Aviator. Another 3105 caliber Russian.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think that Hamilton has an ETA 2804-2. You could search for other watches with that movement. The ETA 2661 is also a hand wind with date. My Epos has a Peseux 7046 with date (but it's a vintage movement). There might be many more but I'm not much of a movement junkie.

This is the nicest watch in the thread IMO. I did google ETA 2804-2 before starting the thread, all I got was a couple of threads on WUS.

I appreciate the honesty! ;-)
Nothing wrong with Nomos, it's just not my type of watch. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'm going to read up on those 2661's and those Russian pieces.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Didn't even know they existed, I erroneously assumed that a mechanical couldn't have a date complication.
Here's one, any others?

Hamilton khaki mechanical
[URL="http://<a href="http://s261.photobucket.com/user/eat2824/media/image_zpseedb787e.jpg.html" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">
[/URL]
I really love the Hamilton Khaki Mechanical. I have the green version as well as the black. It's a great everyday casual watch and offers great bang for the buck. Plus, it makes me feel like Indiana Jones.

·
Registered
9,565 Posts
Not my watches,but there are a couple of handwound Panerais with date,like 514 and 233
I have the date less version of the movt in 514 and will probably have the date less version of the movt in 233

1 - 20 of 46 Posts