WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Re: Handcrafted by straps68

Nice straps, I cannot see any flaws in the stitching. I most liked that #3 vintage yellow, but it is very hard to overlook that #1 yellow strap. All these straps should be worn and appreciated by someone.
I am not saying I am interested as I have no 24mm watches and too many straps. But great construction.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Nice straps, I cannot see any flaws in the stitching. I most liked that #3 vintage yellow, but it is very hard to overlook that #1 yellow strap. All these straps should be worn and appreciated by someone.
I am not saying I am interested as I have no 24mm watches and too many straps. But great construction.
Thanks for your kind words. I am really glad that you can't see any flaws in the stitching :)

·
Registered
6,203 Posts

I think the sewn ins are the most secure way to make a strap, never have to worry about pins breaking or screws coming loose, probably my favourite type of buckle, unfortunately most people like to change them out, for me though nothing beats a killer strap with a secure sewn in buckle, it just works best without any possible hiccups.

These buckles do look great, good job.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

I think the sewn ins are the most secure way to make a strap, never have to worry about pins breaking or screws coming loose, probably my favourite type of buckle, unfortunately most people like to change them out, for me though nothing beats a killer strap with a secure sewn in buckle, it just works best without any possible hiccups.

These buckles do look great, good job.
Thanks again SHANE :). The solution to changing out a sewn-in buckle is pretty simple: change the strap ;) - after all, you can't have too many straps :)

·
Registered
539 Posts

Very nice! Both the straps and buckles. Amazing job with the fit and finish.

It's the small details that set real crafters apart.

Were the buckles punched out and then finished?

Sent from inside a nondescript blue police box sometime in the 21st century...

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Very nice! Both the straps and buckles. Amazing job with the fit and finish.

It's the small details that set real crafters apart.

Were the buckles punched out and then finished?
-snip-
Thank you :)

The buckles are cut with a CO2 laser (less than 10 seconds) then shaped and finished with precision hand files and sand paper only (about 4 hours).

·
Registered
539 Posts

I bet the laser cutter comes in handy!

I was toying around with the idea of buying one but unfortunately I couldn't justify the $5000 investment.

I have some toys like a 3D printer, MIG/TIG, Plasma/Torch cutters, Vertical mill but I really want a CNC setup.

Don't you love having toys!

Sent from inside a nondescript blue police box sometime in the 21st century...

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.