WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
  • Hello WatchUSeek! We are hosting an Ask Me Anything with Ian Schon of Schon Horology and Schon DSNG beginning on Tuesday, February 23rd at Noon, EST and closing on Thursday, February 25th at Noon EST. If you don't know of him, Ian is a desginer maker and was a senior product designer at IDEO. He is an engineer, designer and machinist who manufacturers his own watches, and also pens! If you've ever wanted to ask a question directly to a one-man watch maker, don't miss out! You can find the AMA here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in Münster for the weekend (Weihnachtsmarkt) and had a chance to handle the Limited Oeding-Erdel Nomos Tangente Automatik watches.

And I'm very sorry to say that both watches didn't appeal to me at all. Esp. The Orange version was IMHO plain ugly. The hands look ridiculous: all orange with a big silver centre.
The black model is OK, but I'd rather go for the original Automatik!

Didn't get a chance to see many more watches: Too many paople and a wife and kids waiting for me :(

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Hi -

We must have just missed each other! I was there as well...

It's a great shop for high-end. I also looked at the Orange version, and it'd be a nightmare for me to read: I'm slightly colorblind, and couldn't see any difference between the hands and the face. Not good.

And I was also with my wife and a friend of hers, both rolling their eyes and saying to themselves "like *he* needs another watch...".

:)

JohnF

1 - 2 of 2 Posts