WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy Australia Day 2018 / Счастливый День Австралии 2018

Happy Australia Day 2018

Although this is a day in Australian history that is not celebrated by our Indigenous brothers and sisters it is still a day of importance in the establishment of this great nation.

Vostok Amphibia SE basking in the sunshine in the glorious Aussie bush under a brilliant blue sky :)

20180126_125233.jpg

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,152 Posts
Re: Happy Australia Day 2018 / Счастливый День Австралии 2018

In keeping with traditions, I took a couple of foreign visitors (Bykovsky and Tereshkova) to the beach. Unfortunately I didn't take a camera, so here is a stock photo:

·
942 Posts

You better get the Barbie on again then for the real day - 7 February 1788 which was the Proclamation. "The vesting of all land in the reigning monarch King George lll also dates from 7 February 1788"

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I actually would prefer the date moved to May 8, which has absolutely nothing to do with Australia's history but it would be awesome to have a "May8 (Mate) Day" :)

·
Registered
422 Posts

You better get the Barbie on again then for the real day - 7 February 1788 which was the Proclamation. "The vesting of all land in the reigning monarch King George lll also dates from 7 February 1788"

Thanks for that info ......Yes antilucem , I think your correct Another public holiday is what's needed here.
Also as I missed this thread on Australia day/part one , that should give me a week and a half to prepare for myself for Australia Day/part two.(that's of course if I remember).

256px-Australian_Flag_Flying_animated.gif

·
Registered
7,148 Posts

I actually would prefer the date moved to May 8, which has absolutely nothing to do with Australia's history but it would be awesome to have a "May8 (Mate) Day" :)
Mate day, hmmmm......nothing to do at all with Australia's history, you say, hmm..... 🧐

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/-vyMkh7HvBk/hqdefault.jpg

·
942 Posts

Also as I missed this thread on Australia day/part one , that should give me a week and a half to prepare for myself for Australia Day/part two.(that's of course if I remember).
I'll remind you then.

A "good on ya mate" sounds like a great day too, Mario. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqJ41aDFfc

I couldn't not notice Australia Day this year because it was also the Finals of the World Sevens Rugby Cup and I watched all the games on TV. The men and women both won the tournament in the Allenz stadium, full of non-stop singing and dancing. What a day and what a party that must have been in Sydney.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts