WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A Warm Hearty HAPPY DOXA DAY to all. I will get some pictures and post after my work day. I do have my bright Orange polo shirt on. :-d

Hey maybe Doxa should get involved and have some give aways. Rick are you reading?

Take Care

·
Registered
294 Posts
Seeing as I'm still waiting for my first Doxa (Mil Shark), and here in Oz Aug 1st is almost over, I'm wearing black to a) mourn the Doxa-free zone at home and b) celebrate the fact that the black shirt will match when a) no longer applies. I did mention it was late at night...!?
For all those in orange...enjoy!!
:-!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,626 Posts
Everyone at work has been asking all day why I am wearing a BRIGHT ORANGE polo type shirt under my scrubs. I told everyone it is International Doxa Day. Several have said "Hey, your watch matches your shirt!". I Brought my camera to work. I will post some pics when I get home. Health and Long Life to all to be able to wear those DOXAS!!!

Busy in the Operating Room working........

Sitting at the Main Operating Room Desk. Internet connection. Doxa site is visited every spare chance between cases........ There have been many a Doxa bought using this computer

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
OK....here's my orange shirt entry. I had to break out the tripod for this one, so I could take a self portrait. My wife already thinks I'm a big enough dork, for taking pictures of my DOXA. I'd never hear the end of it, if I asked her to take a picture of me wearing it.:-d:-d:-d:-d:-d

Now, for a better shot of the watch.....

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
What, you couldn't pick up some orange scrubs? :-d

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My wife is the same way. I had to beg her to take this picture, and i will never live it down. Anyway here is me and my Seahunter!!

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,626 Posts
I had to break out the tripod for this one, so I could take a self portrait.
Pretty good pic for using a tripod and then running around to get in the pose......:-d

Well worth saving you the indignity of having to ask the wife to take another watch pic and watch her roll her eyes:roll:

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Man I totally spaced, I thought tomorrow was the day! I'm still wearing my orange polo to work tomorrow, but I just had to snap this quick one today with another of my orange shirts. That's the Frankfort Fish logo on the chest (in blue of course).....!

Paul

·
Registered
11,867 Posts
There must be a "Scrubs R Us" sort of place near you, no? We've got a store that is specifically for medical related uniforms (LOTS of different colors of scrubs). I know there was an online store too (I work in Nuke Plants sometimes, and we usually wear scrubs of some type under our normal work clothes or protective suits if we need them).

·
Registered
349 Posts
Good pics, guys!

Yeah, my wife threatened to delete my pictures. No offense, but she calls you guys "watch geeks!" What am I saying? I know it's a compliment!

I don't like pictures of myself, but here goes (with my 4 year old, Evan).

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
With Nate (the CEO and President of our company and the guy who introduced me to DOXA:thanks) this morning wearing my Sub 750T Searambler while he is sporting his Sub 750T Sharkhunter. Nate looks great:-! I on the otherhand not so good!!!:-d

So, added some early evening photo's after work wearing orange shirt, my 750T Pro and riding the orange Husqvarna :-!:-!

That's more like it...:-!:-! What a great day:-!:-!

·
Registered
349 Posts
David,

That's cool. You have PLENTY of orange in your life! And yet, probably not enough. Off Topic - I guess I should correct my location; I noticed you changed yours to Alpharetta. I'm actually in Cumming, but I figured most people wouldn't have any idea where that is...

·
Registered
157 Posts
Thanks guys!! It's so fun being a part of this forum:-!:-!

·
Registered
157 Posts
David,

I'm actually in Cumming, but I figured most people wouldn't have any idea where that is...
Heck, I live in Atlanta and I'm not all that sure where Cumming is. But then, I travel so much my wife says I only visit. After more than 5 years, I still have to look at a map to figure out where I'm going.

·
Registered
157 Posts
David,

That's cool. You have PLENTY of orange in your life! And yet, probably not enough. Off Topic - I guess I should correct my location; I noticed you changed yours to Alpharetta. I'm actually in Cumming, but I figured most people wouldn't have any idea where that is...
Hey Darin, Just up the street from me - I'm of Winward Parkway (Exit 11 off 400) west of Hwy 9. I thought like you but figure those who know will know so I changed it to Alpharetta because it's a bit different than Atlanta and where I live so...:-!:-!

·
Premium Member
5,736 Posts
Pretty good pic for using a tripod and then running around to get in the pose......:-d

Well worth saving you the indignity of having to ask the wife to take another watch pic and watch her roll her eyes:roll:
Thanks...a Self Portrait is trickier than I thought. It took four or five shots to get things squared away. First shot, out of focus...second shot, half of your head is cut off...third shot, you can't see the watch.o|:-d

If I had to subject myself to the humiliation of getting my wife to take the shot...I'd have had to scrap DOXA DAY . Twostirish222 is brave....very brave:-d:-d:-d

1 - 20 of 38 Posts