WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year everyone from New Zealand where it has just turned to 2011.
12 Months ago I started a thread asking what watches you may have picked up in 2009 and what was on your list for 2010.
https://www.watchuseek.com/f25/2009-acquisitions-2010-desires-what-yours-343100.html

How quickly a year goes by!
I had three watches I was looking at last year.
Only managed to picked up one and it has only just come in recently.
Will post a few photos tomorrow.

P.S. Don't know who else has this yet but strolled by my AD yesterday, and low and behold they had a Monaco 24 in the window. Tried it on..loved it, looked at the price...left it.
Expensive $20,000 NZD.
I know that watch was on the wish list last year for a number of members here. Anyone managed to..not only find one but afford it?

For me in 2011..........not sure,..... what about you?

Have a safe 2011

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Wishlist for 2010?

I was finally able to grab a Carrera 64 at decent price, although not a CS3111, a CS3113...

Wishlist for 2011?

Camaro 12 and a Carrera Cal.12.

·
Registered
426 Posts
At the start of last year, I posted my 2010 wishlist:
For this year, I'm on the hunt for:
- Lewis Hamilton Carrera
- Black PVD Calibre 360
- Monaco 24
I was able to aquire 2 of the 3. Monaco 24 is STILL not available in Canada. Bummer.

Lewis Hamilton Carrera:

Thanks to David @ Calibre11, who was responsible for pointing me to both these watches... The Carrera 360 Black PVD (LE 10 pieces) along with White Gold version (LE 100 pieces):

Little did I know that over the course of 2010, my wishlist grew HUGE, and I went a little overboard.

It started with a Heuer Carrera Re-edition:

A Carrera Calibre S:

While I was waiting for the Monaco 24, I fell in love with the rest of the Monaco line, and rounded up all the stripe versions, along with a black, blue, and the LS:

Rounded off the Monaco collection with the 40th Anniversary Re-edition:

At the beginning of 2010, sister company Hublot became the Official Watchmaker of Formula 1. Since F1 was what pointed me to TAG, I started collecting Hublots as well. It all kicked off with a Hublot Big Bang All Black Tempus (LE 50 pieces)

Next came the Aero Bang Morgan (LE 500)

Hublot also built me a custom Big Bang, a unique piece:

Added an Earl Gray Hematite:

2010 isn't over yet, and if I'm lucky (and FedEx co-operates), I'll have 1 more to add to the 2010 list today. Fingers crossed!

As for 2011, my wishlist is a lot smaller than 2010, and let's hope it stays that way!

TAG Heuer Monaco 24 - still drooling and wanting this one!
Heuer 300 SLR - The best version of the Carrera 1887 IMO.
Heuer Grey Monaco Re-Edition - A little disappointed that the case is not darkened/charcoal, but it's still on my list. Might change my mind once I see it in person though, so it stays on.
Hublot King Power Senna - Carbon Fibre case, split second chrono, power reserve, exposed column wheel... it's the first watch since the Monaco 24 that's really wow'd me.

On to 2011! Happy New Year to everyone here!

·
Registered
243 Posts
:-! Rage2 stunning collection thanks for sharing.

Love the Hublot's

Think 2011 will be another expensive year though :-d the Mikrograph is stunning as are the next Monaco 24's.

All the best for 2011
Cheers
PJS

·
Registered
426 Posts
I like your collection....very youngish :)
Thanks! Yea, I love modern watch designs, with a few classics (re-editions). David has mentioned that I'd eventually get bit by the vintage bug, so far, it hasn't happened yet. :)

I am still fairly young, in my 30's. Maybe as I get older my tastes gets older along with it.
:-! Rage2 stunning collection thanks for sharing.

Love the Hublot's

Think 2011 will be another expensive year though :-d the Mikrograph is stunning as are the next Monaco 24's.
Thanks. Can't wait to see what the Mikrograph looks like, and how the movement works. Can't beat the original Carrera 360's though, first mechanical wristwatch to measure at 1/100ths of a second.

·
Registered
14 Posts
In 2010 I picked up my Carrera Chrono while on vacation in Honolulu, and just a couple weeks ago added a F1 grande date. In 2011 I'm looking at getting an Omega seamaster PO(haven't decided what size)

I was going to upload some pics, but it's not working :(

·
3,270 Posts
Great pics, great watches, great stories ! 2010 was most definitely a TAG Heuer collecting year for me. I have always worn the same TAG for over ten years, and just recently I finally decided to start adding some other TAGs to my collection. Very good feeling for my passion !

Happy New Year everyone.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I started collecting in June 2010. First purchase was a white carrera day/date with bracelet and surprised the wife with a mother of pearl diamond bezelled link. I then purchased a black carrera tachy chrono sometime about september.

After viewing wrist shots of various tags on this forum I then decided on a GCRS2 and a mother of pearl Monaco with diamonds in the face. We purchased these in late November as a combined bday & xmas present for me and early xmas present for my wife.

Tomorrow Im heading back to my local AD to lay-buy a black carrera day/date with leather strap with and I will also be purchasing the tool needed to change the strap/bracelets so I can alternate these within my collection.

If some one said to me at the start of 2010 that by the end of the year we would own 5 swiss watches I wouldnt of believed them. Havent really got a a wishlist for 2011 besides the black day/date although a bell & ross phantom looks interesting. The bug has bitten me big time. Happy new year to all and keep the up the informative threads and posts.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow, some of you have had a busy year collecting.
Rage2, that Carrera 360 Black PVD is one smokin watch. I am so jealous.

Bradharro, I see you have a similar strategy to your watch collecting as I do.
"Two for me, one for the wife. Two for me and one for the wife........."
I got a little out of sink a few years ago and it moved to ..Three for me one for my wife.. opps
I think it's time I took my wife shopping again ;-)

Said I would post a few pics of my latest purchase but i'm having trouble with my camera.
Will post in a few days I hope.

Cheers

1 - 13 of 13 Posts