WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

as a very old Casio watch user (compare to some newbie ;-), I'm 42 and my first casio was in my 15th...)
I'm very very happy with my G-7710.

Back from Big Beautiful New Republic of South Africa. Wearing my watch in in rain, ocean, dust, sand, mud...diamond mining, rock climbing, lion watching (muted watch)...
This watch is even penguin proof (long story...)
I was able to wake up in the early morning (game watching) thanks to its LOUD snooze alarm !!! This is my first watch with enough dB to wake me up.

Also I was able to "monitoring" three time zones at a glance (Local, Lax and Zulu.... no pun...Zulus were here too;-))
The timer was handy for pauses and for ETA to destination.

OK I don't have any use of the 1/1000 sec accuracy of chrono.
But the LAP option of the module is really handy for continuous timing.
Easy to read and to report.
The auto light is easy to turn on and off... as the mute mode.

And the button are very soft/fast to operate and are enough recessed fro not to be push by mistake.

So who are the other happy owners of this future classic module 3095 protected by a very beautiful case mixing aluminum and plastic.

How are you using its functions ?

Cheers
Nemo

·
Registered
166 Posts
Also very happy and at 40 I am not old! Best thing is low profile toughness and 3 time zones on screen, timers good for morning workout. perfect for yard work and dirty jobs where my PAW1300 will get beat up.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Ha ha Nemo,

, you are 42 and you think you are old here... I'm 41 and I think that we are around the average age here (starting from around 18 to maybe 70). Didn't we have a mutual good friend who likes G-Shock's too, who is about 20 y4ears older that we;-)

I still don't have a 77X0 in my collection, but that's a matter of time I think. I have heard only happy owners here, so it must be a good and fun watch to own.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Ha ha Nemo,

, you are 42 and you think you are old here... I'm 41 and I think that we are around the average age here (starting from around 18 to maybe 70). Didn't we have a mutual good friend who likes G-Shock's too, who is about 20 y4ears older that we;-)

I still don't have a 77X0 in my collection, but that's a matter of time I think. I have heard only happy owners here, so it must be a good and fun watch to own.

Cheers,

Sjors
You're just hanging out for the Elvis model.:-d

This one looks like a nice module and it comes it a good range of colours. :p

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
40+ doesn't seem to be uncommon here.

I Love my 7710s. The alarm is one of, if not the loudest that I have. Haven't tested to see if it will wake me up though.

I think one mis statement above should be corrected to not mislead possible new owners. The watch has no GMT timezone. You can get LON of course which is the same but come DST you have to forgo it to stay with GMT or switch to London time with the change.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
LOL, oh wait..............I'm 44. ouch.

I'm waiting for the Major Matt Mason version...........
Hehehehe.... Major Matt Mason was my favorite action figure as a little kid!!! Too bad I flew him around my bedroom one day, on a secret mission. His jet pack went out of control and he landed on top of a desk lamp, too high for me to reach. By the time I got my mother to crash site, Major Matt Mason had died a grisly death, melting upon impact with the sun-like heat of the lamp's incandescent light bulb. What a mess.

RIP Major Matt Mason.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Ha ha Nemo,

Cheers,

Sjors
Sjors I posted this picture in the other thread and there is a cool and green aswell as red version available:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well, I'm 57, so enough about how "old" 42 is. b-)

I own a "modified" 7700. I just couldn't stand the little square "window", so one day, in a fit of madness and with X-acto blade in hand, the surgery was completed.

Successful?

You be the judge.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,235 Posts
Well, I'm 57, so enough about how "old" 42 is. b-)

I own a "modified" 7700. I just couldn't stand the little square "window", so one day, in a fit of madness and with X-acto blade in hand, the surgery was completed.

Successful?

You be the judge.
the dial looks much cleaner! |>

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
LOL !
I'm not old but an very old casio user compare to some newbies !!!b-)

Even if the music I composed these days looks older than I :roll:
http://www.myspace.com/nemosandmanmedian
What about a G-Shock Hymn ?...

cheers
Nemo

(BTW Sjors, I like your Poor Leno Avatar and I'm a huge Royskopp fan... not old, just huge ! And I haven't seen "old" Jur with a G-Shock yet :-d)

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Ha ha, Nemo,

I love small movies. The movie of the last Leno is one of my favorites (as all Daft Punk movies of the first 2 albums and your fellow country man Ettiene de Crecy).

Jur has the Black Dawn AW-525A and if I'm correct he also wanted the DW-M5600 (his G-Shock dream model, like Seamaster and Tribe).

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have a G-7700. The snooze function is just awesome! I´m always on time for my work nowadays after I started to use that function. I even feel more rested when I finally lefts my bed. :)
I use most of the functions. Every day I use the stoppage function for measure how long it takes on a restaurant to get the food after I´ve ordered it. I use the countdown timer for knowing how much time I have left on my lunch, and I use 3 of 4 alarms every day and uses the hour-signal function between 09 and 22. The only function that I dont use for the moment is the dual time and worldtimes. But I use to travel abroad five-six times a year and sure I will have use for that too.

It is only one thing that I miss on this watch and that is atomic time. Everything else, I´m more than satisfied with :-!:-!:-!

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Hey Rutland thats an awesome mod, I love the clean un-obstructed view of the watch face.

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
...and I haven't seen "old" Jur with a G-Shock yet :-d
Hi Nemo,

What a coincidence. I had contact with Jur yesterday (it's a small world after all...). He had a new G-Shock brochure for me:-! I must sent you his regards,

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
217 Posts
Q aboutr chrono

Is it only 1h chrono?

Is there any other G-Shock with longer chron and same functions as G-77XX?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 116 Posts