WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for my prolonged absence from the forum. Travel and other business got in the way. Here's the update:

LM-2 - Final assembly, should be available in three weeks, plus or minus. Both the new seconds/24 hour bezel design and the original Classic design will be available.

LM-5CQ - Also in final assembly. Changes to the dial and delays in its manufacture delayed the project by a couple months. Pricing will be very aggressive on this model.

Bronze watch project - We're not going to do this. Too many bronze watches are on the market now, and I've been told that they no longer sell well and the resale markets are full of them.

New diver - We're working on a 2000m diver. It will use a custom made case, not the 2000m contract case that is used by many companies. Diameter will be 46mm, lug spacing 24mm, and it will probably include a bracelet. Not sure if we will use steel or hardened titanium.

About two years ago we placed an order for Sellita SW200 COSC Chronometers. I forgot about it. Last week I was told that they will be delivered in a couple months. I think they will go into the new diver. Pricing for the COSC upgrade will be very aggressive.

That's about all I can think of for now.

Mitch

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
LM-5CQ - Also in final assembly. Changes to the dial and delays in its manufacture delayed the project by a couple months. Pricing will be very aggressive on this model.
Thanks for the info. I've been waiting for the information about this watch. Can you tell when it will come available? Did you make any more changes to the dial or is this the final?

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
New diver - We're working on a 2000m diver. It will use a custom made case, not the 2000m contract case that is used by many companies. Diameter will be 46mm, lug spacing 24mm, and it will probably include a bracelet. Not sure if we will use steel or hardened titanium.
Oohhhhhh....very interested in this one.

·
Registered
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That is the latest LM-5CQ dial. The watch will be available with black or blue dials and sapphire inserts. I don't know exactly when they will be available, but since they are in final assembly, three or four weeks is as close as we can get.

Looks like we will use steel for the new model.

Mitch

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sorry for my prolonged absence from the forum. Travel and other business got in the way.
Welcome back!

About two years ago we placed an order for Sellita SW200 COSC Chronometers. I forgot about it. Last week I was told that they will be delivered in a couple months. I think they will go into the new diver. Pricing for the COSC upgrade will be very aggressive.
Wow! A watch you could wear while diving a hydrothermal vent!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Bronze watch project - We're not going to do this. Too many bronze watches are on the market now, and I've been told that they no longer sell well and the resale markets are full of them.
Definitely disappointed to hear this, the CAD drawings were looking very promising.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Definitely disappointed to hear this, the CAD drawings were looking very promising.
+1 on this one too. If Bronze or Rose gold looks are out someone should tell Hublot, they are in deep!

·
Registered
9,059 Posts
I have to agree with you. Bronze hit the horological (boutique) landscape like a flash flood, insuring bland designs. Crank them out, get them first to market! I haven't seen one bronze watch I'm attracted to. Steel/titanium are subdued neutral gray; their aesthetic is more shape than color. Not much leeway with bronze--the dial has to compliment the color bronze. That's a huge design restriction. I'd like to see if top-flight designers could overcome what I amateurishly call a design restriction.

I think bronze is a flash in the pan, at least for 100+ runs, and will settle into its rightful place: very limited run watches, quirky and different, an inspired designer. VintageDBV is doing a bit of it.

I liked the steel inlays on the bezel of your bronze design, nudging bronze design in a new direction, which may or may not be a dead end.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts