WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Being quarantined, I do not wear any watch at home. However, I am curious, since you recently arrived on the forums, I have seen from you 2 De Bethune, a Fifty Fathoms Tourbillon and now a Moser Perpetual Calendar (maybe more in other threads I didn't check).
What is coming next? Care to share a few pics of the other pieces of the collection?

Just curious and eager to see and learn more!
All the best,
A.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being quarantined, I do not wear any watch at home. However, I am curious, since you recently arrived on the forums, I have seen from you 2 De Bethune, a Fifty Fathoms Tourbillon and now a Moser Perpetual Calendar (maybe more in other threads I didn't check).
What is coming next? Care to share a few pics of the other pieces of the collection?

Just curious and eager to see and learn more!
All the best,
A.
Hi A,

Allow me to share my 3 most recent purchases with you...

And some three which were traded to make room for the incoming...

I would say I moved in the right direction. Hope you have a great day!

One question, why would you not wear your watches at home? For me that would be unthinkable. I can understand having somewhat of a fear wearing them outside, or especially while on the road in an unfamiliar city... but never at home. I usually become pretty selective when I travel internationally, but otherwise I enjoy my watches pretty much anywhere life takes me.

Regards,
Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
Lots of polls around here about when people wear watches, and quite a few (myself included) don't wear a watch at home.

Although I have been lately, during my work day, to keep to routine... I try to be "at work" the same schedule I had been working in the office, and wear a watch.

·
Registered
578 Posts
One question, why would you not wear your watches at home? For me that would be unthinkable. I can understand having somewhat of a fear wearing them outside, or especially while on the road in an unfamiliar city... but never at home. I usually become pretty selective when I travel internationally, but otherwise I enjoy my watches pretty much anywhere life takes me.

Regards,
Jim

Thanks mate, I appreciate the detailed post! There are some killer pieces there, and the Double Split is such an underrated watch, it looks fantastic.

I’m not sure why but I do take my watches off as soon as I get home but always put one on if I leave for any reason. So when I don’t leave home, it just seems natural to not wear one. I guess the use is limited inside my home as watches are either “tools” to me or art pieces to be worn and enjoyed in real life situations (meaning outside). Now that I think of it maybe I should wear them at home too, never really thought about it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks mate, I appreciate the detailed post! There are some killer pieces there, and the Double Split is such an underrated watch, it looks fantastic.

I’m not sure why but I do take my watches off as soon as I get home but always put one on if I leave for any reason. So when I don’t leave home, it just seems natural to not wear one. I guess the use is limited inside my home as watches are either “tools” to me or art pieces to be worn and enjoyed in real life situations (meaning outside). Now that I think of it maybe I should wear them at home too, never really thought about it.
I think this deserves a post of it’s own, asking how many others do this? I bet you are 1%er around these parts.

Myself, I can change my watch 3 or 4 times in a day without ever leaving the house

·
Registered
183 Posts
Thanks, I’ve been really enjoying it!

Porsche and a Lange......and I assume a hot young blond in the passenger seat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
183 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jameswatchsd

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
I think this deserves a post of it’s own, asking how many others do this? I bet you are 1%er around these parts.

Myself, I can change my watch 3 or 4 times in a day without ever leaving the house

Looks like about 10% according to this poll:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/do-you-wear-watch-home-240130.html

And a few other threads...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/do-you-always-wear-watch-386837.html
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/do-you-wear-your-watches-home-4591965.html
https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/do-you-wear-your-watch-home-555556.html

Probably some more if you search...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow... I would have never guessed. Maybe for the general public, but not around these parts. Thanks for finding these!

·
Premium Member
6,665 Posts
Wow... I would have never guessed. Maybe for the general public, but not around these parts. Thanks for finding these!

For me, watches are kind of like shoes and jackets. I don't wear any of the three around the house, but always leave the house with them.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Since you asked .... today (still) the same as on Thursday.
A far cry from High End, though.
But with an in-house movement :-d

B0EC268F-689D-411C-86E2-667CAF0B30A7_1_201_a.jpeg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts