WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last spring I bought my first Damasko from a member here on the forums, a DA44 with a DA46 face on leather. I love the design, it’s simple, practical and efficient. The technology of the case, bezel and crown are amazing.

Unfortunately that watch got caught up in a collection sell off so I could get a watch I had been wanting. After I sold several watches I changed my mind and decided I wanted to replace the Damasko and a Sinn I had sold.

First the Damasko, so I found a DA38 here in the for sale forum and bought it. After wearing it on and off for several weeks I found it just wasn’t running correctly, it would run slow one day then right on then slow again, one day it just stopped and wouldn’t start again.

Fortunately it’s still under warranty so I contacted Gnomon Watches in Singapore. They sent me a service form and per their instructions I sent it half way around the world to them. That was the middle of November last year. So after exactly 2 months they notified me they were shipping it back to me and it was delivered today, I’m very happy to have it back again. I haven’t timed it yet, I’ve only had it a few hours but all other functions work very well. Gnomon was good to deal with, considering the 13 hour time difference they responded to emails promptly and the watch was ready just about when the said it would be.

Now back to the Sinn 556a I wanted to replace. I purchased one here in the for sale forum and it didn’t work properly either, the crown was not smooth at all and the rotor spun when manually wound. Off it went for service, thankfully under warranty as well. I’m still waiting for it to be returned.

I’ve bought and sold dozens of watches and this is the first time I’ve had a problem with a watch let alone two in a row. Kind of a crazy coincidence two would need service, one right after the other.

A picture of my freshly serviced DA38!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
I like the DA38 and the Sinn 556 watches too, I haven't owned either but saw your thread and read it. A possible problem we risk with the watches sold in the classifieds are that if people are flipping them they may not know the watches aren't working properly. Good to hear the Damasko is back with no cost to you and I hope your sinn is fixed too. Keep them both now that you know they are good to go.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Such an awesome piece, I was looking at this exact model with the metal bracelet and decided to go with the SINN B-Uhr LE. I bought it used on ebay and will be getting it today. Always wanted on of those durable scratch resistant watch so it was either this one or the Fully tigimented SINN. I have smaller wrists and liked that the SINN was a little bit thinner.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts