WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I remember the first day I laid eyes on her. She was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. She was pristine, shinny, and new in the box. She was living with her parents in the jewelry shop and her evil sales person father wouldn't let me have her. During the day in flight school my mind would often drift away and think about her and how one day we would be together.

I was tall, skinny, young, and barely employed. She was sexy, mature, extremely popular, and had travelled to the moon. She was also way out of my league at $2600 in 1993. I had stopped by to look at her often but couldn't muster the courage, or the cash, to ask her out and bring her home. On more than one occasion I would leave my number with her older sister and told her to call me if there was ever a chance of us getting together.

Then one day I was sitting at home, when out of the blue, I received a call from her sister. She told me the story of how her evil sales manager father and Omega were parting ways. He was bitter and angry and in a fit of rage he ordered all Omegas reduced and sold. She said that my true love was now being reduced to $1600 and she would hold her for me if I wanted to take her home. Eager to take her away to a better life I depleted my newly established savings account to make her mine. She will now and forever be my first true real watch.
:-!

You'll always be mine Speedy. Happy Valentines Day.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I love this story. So touching.

Don't have one of my own though. And, being polygamous, i'd better abstain on a day like today.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Take care of her, but I am sure you will eventaully have another affair like the rest of the men do.
:-d
After 19 years together she will occasionaly slip on a sexy little coramid thingy to keep it interesting...

When we drink a little too much we bring in a third to spice things up...She's into a little quartz on mechanical action.
:-!

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
$1600??? How long ago was this? I would have bought their entire Speedmaster inventory at that price.

Beautiful watch...definitely one of my favorites in my collection. So much that I am looking forward to adding another one soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts