WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks, the watch is beautiful and it does fit so well. I just love the chunky nature of the chronograph.
And hey, if you want to go bigger, smaller, whatever, just remember: your wrist; your rules. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think you go for what you like. What looks good is subjective and some love smaller watches. I personally don’t go much bigger than 43mm. The thickness has a lot to do with how the bigger watch sits. I’ve worn the Lange double split in platinum and it’s 43mm by 15.3mm high but it’s so heavy feels like the watch is massive compared to a “larger” titanium 45mm Panerai. In the end get what makes you happy and what you think looks the best that’s what matters!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I purchased a 44.25mm Speedy Racing Master Chronometer a year ago which is well over my standard size watch. I think it all has to do with the watch as a whole. My MM300 doesn’t feel insanely large to me because of the relatively normal dial size. After 6-8 months I noticed I was wearing the Speedy Racing less and less. The movement is fantastic, one of the best in the industry. The dial, the bezel, everything was done to the highest level, but I think it ended up just wearing too “wide” for me even though it sat on my wrist pretty flush.

Even though technically it’s probably the best watch I’ve owned outside a GO PanoReserve or a JLC MUT, I let it go yesterday because it just didn’t feel like “me” after awhile. If they made one in the speedy pro size case I’d probably be all over it.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I tried on a new PO 43.5 and it didn't wear as large as it sounded to me. I have a 7" wrist and thought No problem. I ended up buying a slightly used 8500 in 42mm for other reasons than size. It actually doesn't wear as large as my Rolex Expll in 42mm but is a little thick, not too and nothing annoying. The 43.5 PO is a great sized piece and wears well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
For me the correct size depends on the design of the watch and how/when I intend to wear it.

Watch enthusiasts overall have preferences that run pretty classic. That combined with the current retro trend makes it so that many within the online watch community prefer <40mm watches. Possibly influenced by a retro focused, cardigan wearing, Leica camera carrying subset of the watch community.

But I found that once I let go of the restriction of "max 40mm", I appreciated the variety in design and sizes that offered me.

·
Registered
10,408 Posts
I don't need anything bigger than this 39.5mm beauty, on my slim 17cm wrist.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Nice to see some big watches for a change. This past year, everyone has become obsessed with 36mm watches. Fair enough if that's what youre into but it seems like a trend to me. Theres a guy in my local Rolex AD that blatantly tells customers 36mm is a girls watch and it always makes me laugh. 10-15 years ago, it was the smaller PO that were sat in AD windows and the larger 44 (44.5 or whatever sizes they had) were the ones that were selling well. So the trend will reverse at some point.

·
Registered
110 Posts
With my 8" wrist the bigger the better. In fact, my "sweet spot" is 40-42mm watches. Largest I have in my collection is a 45mm Oris Big Crown ProPilot date and it feels great even at the larger size.

But I also have a lot of smaller watches like my very first Seiko and a Swatches that I've owned since the 80's that I enjoy too. The feel non-existent on my wrist - which can be a good thing too - but I enjoy them just as much as the 40+mm ones.

I am a little concerned that the trend is swinging back to smaller sizes and the larger watches will be rare much like the small-medium sizes have been in different references. While I'll still like the watch, I'm sure, I may be a little pickier when it comes to purchases.

·
Premium Member
2,345 Posts
Use your head. Don't listen to a bunch of watch addicts because we'll support whatever watch fantasy you have. Look in the mirror. Do you look like a clown? Be honest with yourself. The fact that you even ask the question means that you have doubts. Remember, we aren't the audience for your daily wear and the "wear what you like" crowd says the same thing to everyone. Plus, some just don't want to crush your dreams.

"A man's got know his limitations."
H. Callahan, Ret.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Billie Eilish has a look that is different than most people in the entire world and it seems to be working....for her.
Others run to a magazine or internet site to see if the fashion scene trend has changed overnight and they too will change if the trend has.

I love larger size watches......too big looks better than too small.

Reactions: pdaigle

·
Registered
163 Posts
The planet ocean chrono is one of the best looking watches with an excellent high end movement (9300 & 9900) , in my opinion OMEGA has made a great watch of high quality materials and with close attention to details, it is one of the watches that I get a lot of complements on.

In terms of functionality, it is a diver with 600M depth rating, it can be used as GMT, it has has date in addition to being a chronograph.

The watch is big, thick, and heavy however it is part of its character and this is what makes it different than 90% of the watches out there. Having it on a rubber band will reduce its weight and bulkiness quite significantly. The lugs are not long compared to its size so it will wear good on 6.5 inch wrists and above.

I enjoy wearing it, and I'm not bothered by its size although I have smaller and slimmer watches. I wear mine with suits and casual. My advice is if you like it buy and don't over think it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you like it and it works for you then stick with it. Personally I don't want to wear a watch unless I can forget that I'm wearing it. 34-36mm is the sweet spot for me, and I'm not a small guy and I never felt like I was wearing a "girl's watch" while wearing my grandfather's old Seamaster.

I'd lean towards something smaller if you're unsure. I can't recall ever looking at a guy's watch and thinking to myself "wow, that's way too small for him." I have often said to myself, on the other hand "that thing is enormous and looks utterly ridiculous."

·
Registered
469 Posts
I was a husky guy when I bought my Planet Ocean 45.5 2500D a few years back. I thought it fit perfectly on my 7.5 inch wrist given my size. I’ve since lost nearly 50 pounds wrist has also dropped my wrist down to about 7.3 inches. I now worry that the watch is too big and sort of wish I would have gotten the 42. I think the 43 would also be perfect. But to me, as important to wrist size is body size.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
My prev daily wears (Tag Aquaracer and Breiting superocean) were all around 42mm and under. I have the new PO incoming tomorrow at 43.5mm but from what I've seen online, this appears to wear smaller and very comfortably due to the curved lugs/bracelet.

I also used to own the Seiko sumo a long time back (44mm) and that's one diver that actually wears smaller and more like a 41mm piece. It's in the design of the watch and also the size/shape of the wrist. I have a flatter wrist and both my 50mm digitals sit "ok".

My brother inlaw has a PAM and it looks small on him as he's a big dood (240lbs and 6" 2').

·
Registered
372 Posts
I love having a 45mm PO, but only because I have other, smaller watches to complement it. I’d want something more moderate if it was my only watch.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts