WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, can you guys suggest me some HAQ watches that are under $1000? Preferably new. I've looked at the Longines vhp and certinas, just wondering if there are more options.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Bulova makes several temperature compensating quartz watches. Their moonwatch comes to mind, but there are others.

I really like the Longines Conquest GMT. It holds a pretty high position on my list of future purchases.

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle

·
Registered
25 Posts
There are plenty of examples, starting as cheap as $50 USD for NOS Calvin Klein City Watch models on Joma and eBay that use the phased-out ETA f07.411 (photo below). It's easier to give recommendations with more specific criteria (size, complications, WR, style, features, and so on).
Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Bulova makes several temperature compensating quartz watches. Their moonwatch comes to mind, but there are others.

I really like the Longines Conquest GMT. It holds a pretty high position on my list of future purchases.

View attachment 16810457
Ahem... "Bulova Lunar Pilot."

It's bad enough that we now have Moonswatches - let's not ruin Bulova by saying they have a moon watch too... ;-)

• Haha
Reactions: I expedite

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ahem... "Bulova Lunar Pilot."

It's bad enough that we now have Moonswatches - let's not ruin Bulova by saying they have a moon watch too... ;-)
I would argue that they are more a moon watch than the moonswatch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
There are plenty of examples, starting as cheap as $50 USD for NOS Calvin Klein City Watch models on Joma and eBay that use the phased-out ETA f07.411 (photo below). It's easier to give recommendations with more specific criteria (size, complications, WR, style, features, and so on).
View attachment 16810470
Looking for a basic 3 hander sports watch, day/date would be nice but not necessary
Under 40mm
At least 50mm wr
New only

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
As nice as the Lunar Pilot is, its a massive watch that sits like a hockey puck on the wrist. I had one and enjoyed it for a few years, but ultimately sold it since I also have a Speedie. Longines are very nice. Christopher Ward has a couple of nice chronograph limiteds if you can find one as well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am more or less happy with my VHP GMT. I don't wear it often, so I reckon due to storage temperature it will more likely to be +8 SPY on its first anniversary in January – which I still find pretty darn accurate for that matter. I think it's a truly amazing feat of engineering for the price.

The reason I'm not fully satisfied is the overall comfort, but that always comes down to individual preference, and it shouldn't deter you from getting one, as most folks are happy with it.
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Font

1 - 20 of 31 Posts