WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took me a while to warm up to the Isofrane, but now, I can't see my U50 on anything else.
That is unless somebody shows me something more hard core.
So post em up.
What else matches or surpasses the "hard coreness" of the Isofrane?

Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Watch accessory

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Not sure if its 'hardcore' - certainly a different look to the Isofane - but the Hirsch Accent is a nice quality strap with a nice sheen and is natural rubber ... and I'm not sure you can beat a classic genuine Tropic strap on a diver ... now has rounded edges rather than the square cut off ones it used to have.

Watch Analog watch Clock Grey Watch accessory

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Hardcore watch with hardcore strap: Eterna KonTiki Diver 1000M on original rubber

… but really only steel or titanium is ever really hard… ;)

·
Premium Member
3,122 Posts
Hirsh Robbe
Watch Analog watch Black Peripheral Input device

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
I don't think you can get ANY more "hardcore" than a pair of Marathon shoulderless spring bars with a nylon NATO/Zulu strap, which is why most military watches used those types of straps. Lose one spring bar, you've still got your watch. The only way THAT watch/strap is gonna come off is if the buckle pin fails or somebody hacks off your hand, allowing the watch/strap to slide off...

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I'm also a huge fan of the ISOfrane.

An alternative that I've been considering is the Bonetto Cinturini 300 or 400.
These are Italian rubber straps that you cut to length and use with a clasp.
They're reversible, smooth on one side and on the other side the 300 has a diamond pattern, and the 400 has a textile pattern.

Watchgecko sells them with this nice clasp.
I'm going to try one very soon.

ZULUDIVER 400 (MKII) Italian Rubber Divers Watch Strap

Rectangle Font Tire Auto part Metal

ZULUDIVER 300 (MKII) Italian Rubber Watch Strap
Tire Rectangle Font Auto part Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
If the question is "what is a good quality strap for my dive watch?", then yes, Isofrane, BC, Erika's MN, etc. are all solid choices. I own examples of all of them.

If the question, alternatively, is "what is a good quality watch strap for actual scuba diving?" then I would have to go with Seiko OEM vented strap. The more recent version is very soft and comfortable, plus has steel spring bar hole liners, so the rubber compound will not tear. Be warned - only use straps with liners like this on watches with fully drilled lugs or you'll be removing the strap using wire cutters.

The reason the Seiko strap is so well engineered is it is designed to compress against your wrist as your neoprene wetsuit compresses as depth. Cinch it tight while on the surface and as you decend and everything compresses, the strap's accordion vents collapse to keep the watch snug on the wrist. An elegantly simple solution.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts