WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I noticed that my Seiko SARB033 with sapphire is always more dirt than my Seiko Monster SRP307 with Hardlex.

I can't understand why, the SARB has also some blue reflections when in some light conditions.

Fingerprints on the SARB sapphire are much more visible than on the MOnster.
Why?

Why the SARB has blue reflections?

·
Premium Member
71,277 Posts
The dirt thing is probably down to the shape of the watch as I've noticed that some of mine seem more prone to collecting muck than others and the main difference is the bezel/crystal profile.

·
Registered
6,195 Posts
Sblantipodi is correct, SARBS have Sapphire crystal with no AR coating. Since these are naturally more reflective than the Hardlex on the Monster, It's possible the 'dirt' you're seeing is because smudges are more noticeable on a more reflective surface.
About the blue-ish reflections, it might be that the original light had a srtong blue component and the crystal is simply reflecting this more.
Was the watch bought new? If not, could it be possible the previous owner had added some kind of AR coating on it or changed the original crystal?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sblantipodi is correct, SARBS have Sapphire crystal with no AR coating. Since these are naturally more reflective than the Hardlex on the Monster, It's possible the 'dirt' you're seeing is because smudges are more noticeable on a more reflective surface.
About the blue-ish reflections, it might be that the original light had a srtong blue component and the crystal is simply reflecting this more.
Was the watch bought new? If not, could it be possible the previous owner had added some kind of AR coating on it or changed the original crystal?
Both watches was bought new

1 - 8 of 8 Posts