WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Yes, I reckon these must be well into the 4,000s by now. Pre-owned prices seem to have sky-rocketed recently; must be due to Harrods being closed and Tudor not producing I suppose?

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Yes, I reckon these must be well into the 4,000s by now. Pre-owned prices seem to have sky-rocketed recently; must be due to Harrods being closed and Tudor not producing I suppose?
Yep, that and the non-existent effect of Covid-19 on the luxury watch market.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I'm thinking of getting one and putting it away in the event that sooner than later production of that model stops, and if not, I'll have a nice watch that I really like.

·
Registered
668 Posts
I don't follow the price closely, but I've read that prices are actually coming down from the Rolexforum and that's because what was initially believed to be a limited run is now up to 4K+ distributed with no plans to halt production. There is also a reasonable time frame (unlike any of Rolex's hot SS models) for these watches if you want to order one - it looks to be 6 months, but you have to order in person (a hassle for US customers).

·
Registered
148 Posts
I don't follow the price closely, but I've read that prices are actually coming down from the Rolexforum and that's because what was initially believed to be a limited run is now up to 4K+ distributed with no plans to halt production. There is also a reasonable time frame (unlike any of Rolex's hot SS models) for these watches if you want to order one - it looks to be 6 months, but you have to order in person (a hassle for US customers).
It's not something I have looked into myself as it's not on my radar...but I've heard you don't need to attend in store to get on the list, only that it needs to be collected in person, or by a person on your behalf. Worth a call or email to the dealer at Harrods if it's something you're interested in.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
They just keep cranking them out and the secondary market continues to fall
Rolex (and by association, Tudor) factories have been closed for about six weeks. Used prices (at least in the UK) are still near double RRP, at the same £5k-ish level they immediately rose to on the secondary when first announced.

·
Registered
101 Posts
You hear a lot of contradictory information about this one. I’m just going by what I read on good old Chrono24, Ebay, Facebook, grey dealers etc. Used prices do seem to average around £500 more than RRP but it’s fantastic watch for the money though - it feels like it should cost a hell of a lot more in the first place IMHO.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You hear a lot of contradictory information about this one. I’m just going by what I read on good old Chrono24, Ebay, Facebook, grey dealers etc. Used prices do seem to average around £500 more than RRP but it’s fantastic watch for the money though - it feels like it should cost a hell of a lot more in the first place IMHO.
Yes I agree.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Well OK, the average price on C24, right now, 18 May, is just under £4,700 in the UK. The top asking price is £5,400. That's data.

RRP was £2,800.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It's a great-looking piece and even if there are over 4,000 of them it's still a minuscule number compared to other Black Bay models. It's less flashy than a Kermit or Hulk and though it's understated that's the whole point, no?

·
Registered
287 Posts
The watch is actually a special edition not a limited edition I believe.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I actually think that with the current situation being as it is, Harrods/Tudor might call it a day with this one soon and move onto something else. Just a hunch😊

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I actually think that with the current situation being as it is, Harrods/Tudor might call it a day with this one soon and move onto something else. Just a hunch😊
I'm thinking too at some point. But who knows.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts