WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1926 harwood perpetual on the bench. Right away I can see I need at the very least a staff. Any parts sources for this, maybe fortis or AS version? I've tried my usual sources.( and a few unusual) Nothing. Also, any tips or suggestions on Servicing this watch? I have no experience with harwoods. Thx

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Ranfft says A. Schild/Fortis movement, but unless you know what caliber it is. Not going to help find a match

Nothing listed on Harwood on the Jules Borel site, so they didn't make any movements

DON

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
My guess is that finding parts for your Harwood will be...difficult! You've probably given some thought to finding a parts movement, and that might be as good an idea as any.

Although I do have a watch like this, I found it years ago and put it away, so I have no 'hands on' comments. Then again--having worked on quite a few other ww's of this and other eras--it seems that it would be very much like any other watch, cleaning & adjustment-wise. Just make sure the pivots and jewels are OK, that there's good escape wheel recoil, and that the balance will spin easily and for some time dial up / down / vertically, without the pallet fork installed. Assuming that all the bits & pieces are in good shape, you should end-up with a nice running watch.

Michael.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The main plate is marked AS but its unlike any AS bumper I've ever seen. It's a very unusual watch. Bezel wind. I've never worked on anything like this. What I love about watch repair. Always something new. Has anyone out there serviced one of these? Thx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts