WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 510 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
I ordered one from them yesterday. I can't comment on the watch because its not here yet, but its on its way. I did call to make sure the watch was in stock. The woman who answered sounded annoyed that I interrupted her nail filing or something, but answered my questions none the less.

· Registered
532 Posts
Well, I bought my Tissot PRC 200 from them and it arrived in record time, as promised, and the customer service was excellent. I called them before my purchase and confirmed the inventory was in stock.

If I were reading these reviews I might be scared away, but I guess you have to rely on the experience of other WUS members and balance them accordingly.

Just a few tips:

1) Check to see if the inventory is in stock.
2) Know the store's policies.
3) Call ahead and ask any questions you would like.
4) Check out other sites' prices and or policies to get a feel for how competitive the price/policies/value to you is.
5) Buy!

Good luck to you!

· Registered
370 Posts
I tried to buy a watch from them about a month ago. I ordered it but I never got it and called after about 2 weeks. It turns out they don't keep inventory in stock but rather they resell others' watches. I needed my watch for my husband's birthday so I was pretty pisssed! I don't understand why they didn't tell me up front. They say the watches ship out in 24 to 48 hours, nowhere does it say it willt ake 2+ weeks!

I did some research and ended up buying from another company called Melrose Jewelers. I checked out soem watches at A&E watches and then Swiss Luxury but Melrose Jewelers had this one watch that no one else had. They overnighed me the watch for $20 extra and it was gorgeous. Good riddance to joma shop!!

Here's the watch I bought and let me tell you, pictures do not do it justice! http://www.melrosejewelers.com/info/mens_datejust_stainless_steel_silver_302.htm

Danica
Hey I just bought a Tissot Prs-516 from Jomashop just because you're the coolest racer out there and do promos for them!!!

Seriously #1 : no prob's with sale or delivery. I'm in West PA, ordered Friday--got it Monday.

Seriously #2: you're not REALLY---ARE YOU?

· Registered
134 Posts
I tried to buy a watch from them about a month ago. I ordered it but I never got it and called after about 2 weeks. It turns out they don't keep inventory in stock but rather they resell others' watches. I needed my watch for my husband's birthday so I was pretty pisssed! I don't understand why they didn't tell me up front. They say the watches ship out in 24 to 48 hours, nowhere does it say it willt ake 2+ weeks!

I did some research and ended up buying from another company called Melrose Jewelers. I checked out soem watches at A&E watches and then Swiss Luxury but Melrose Jewelers had this one watch that no one else had. They overnighed me the watch for $20 extra and it was gorgeous. Good riddance to joma shop!!

Here's the watch I bought and let me tell you, pictures do not do it justice! http://www.melrosejewelers.com/info/mens_datejust_stainless_steel_silver_302.htm

Danica
The link is to a Rolex Datejust. Why wouldn't you get him a Tissot? They are one of your sponsors, after all!

Or perhaps you aren't really DP. Are you another anonymous shill for Melrose Jewelers?

· Registered
1,898 Posts
Hey I just bought a Tissot Prs-516 from Jomashop just because you're the coolest racer out there and do promos for them!!!

Seriously #1 : no prob's with sale or delivery. I'm in West PA, ordered Friday--got it Monday.

Seriously #2: you're not REALLY---ARE YOU?
I would highly doubt it's the real DP -- "she" just joined this month and that was her first posting. As someone else suggested, probably a shill for the jewelry shop.

Mike

· Registered
1 Posts
Here is a customer rating link for jomashop with about 24 reviewers.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Jomashop
I bought an Invicta 9303 from them (only $96.00). Tried to register the warranty w/ Invicta only to learn jomashop is not an authorized Invicta retailer. Not sure why they are not "authorized." I contacted jomashop and they replied it is stated on their web. They offer their own warranty for two years.

· Registered
3,624 Posts
Tried to register the warranty w/ Invicta only to learn jomashop is not an authorized Invicta retailer. Not sure why they are not "authorized." I contacted jomashop and they replied it is stated on their web. They offer their own warranty for two years.
I think it was on another Jomashop thread, but I'd like to repeat, here, that I've bought a few watches from them, and they all arrived promptly and in perfect order. Email communication from them was great, too. I think it's a good idea to email them to verify that the watch you're interested in is physically in stock. I did that on all three occasions, and received verifications by the end of day or next morning. It's always prudent to consider all the caveats that go with purchasing from gray market dealers. With that said, I wouldn't hesitate buying from Jomashop again. :-!

Here's a pretty good article on gray market dealers:

http://www.chronocentric.com/watches/graymarket.shtml

· Banned
3,517 Posts
I tired to purchase a few watches from them over the last two years. Both times the transactions were cancelled and they stated they did not have the watches and were not able to get them.:-s:-s

So, I stopped trying with them. They did cancel the credit card transactions and I was not charged anything as one would hope in that case.

· Registered
1,045 Posts
FWIW, another |> for jomashop. My in-laws ordered a Citizen Nighthawk (BJ7005-59E) from them w/o incident. They said the transaction was perfect and ship time was only a few days.

The watch itself came with everything you'd expect from retail (box, manual, etc) save for a completed warranty card but did include jomashop's own warranty info. Overall condition was mint!

· Registered
4 Posts
I've experienced the same! The differrence is that I've ordered 2 months and a week ago. Since then I called them several times getting the same answer: not in stock, has to reorder again, next mon-tue-wen-thu-fri will be sent to me. But nothing happened, no replay for letters, no explanation!

Because I couldn't paid with paypal (disabled from Hungary...why?) I did the wire transfer.
Can I ever get my money back?

· Banned
3,517 Posts
It sounds like a draw on this one!!! (meaning the thread and no ones experience in particular)

Not really too good when you have to wonder if you are going to receive the watch you ordered and paid foro|o|. If it was one poster or a few then you could say well...things happen. But, from the looks of it....a fair ly common "business as usual" practice with Jomashop.

I guess if you are just ordering for fun and see a piece you like at a good price and it doesnt matter if you get it or not anytime in the near future....they are probably ok to order from. Eventually you will either get the watch or a refund.

Sort of sad to see this in a store like Jomashop that has a rather large web presence.

· Registered
4 Posts
Unfortunately I didn't order for fun, they was our bithday presents for my wife and me (and not the cheapest ones). Beafore ordering I read most of the reviews on epinions.com and prayed not to be in the worst 10%. Well, I'm not in that part, It's worse than any of them.

How does it work in US? Do I have any legal protection to avoid things happening like this?

· Banned
3,517 Posts
Laza,

I think you have protection from outright fraud as far as delivery of the product. I dont know what kind of policy on cancellation of orders they might or might not have. A quick check of the website or email to them might be the best solution. It does not sound like their channels of communication are clearly available to you. Try co-ordinating your telephone calls to around 10AM EST -5 GMT to 2:00P EST -5GMT if you decide to call.

I would think you would be able to cancel your order if you could get in touch with them. And, many internet retailers do make this difficult to do....intentional or otherwise.

Good luck and PM if there is anything I can do to help you out since I can call for free!

21 - 40 of 510 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.