WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like a great way to get a NEW Frog for under $300. Dyed black, I'm thinking it'd look a lot like the black 25th Anny model. Anyone done it yet, and if so got pics?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I'll second that! I've had my "Buy It" finger hovering over one of these for about a week now thinking "Hmmm what color to dye it?" I too would love to see some samples too!

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
Yeah, here's my "Kermit". I've been contemplating a brown as well. if you want black why not just get a DB or MB bezel/band set at Casio USA (if they still have them).

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Seems like a great way to get a NEW Frog for under $300. Dyed black, I'm thinking it'd look a lot like the black 25th Anny model. Anyone done it yet, and if so got pics?
I dyed the bezel and strap on one of my Glorious Gold frogs black, the pic is below. I first removed all paint on bezel with goof-off, then dyed with RIT black dye. I also repainted the letters with Testors enamel flat grey and gold. It will look alot like the Dawn Black version. You could also keep the clear bezel and band and buy the Dawn Black bezel and band set but this saves the cost of buying that other set. A Dawn Black bezel and band ill set you back at least $43-$45 bucks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was EXACTLY what I was looking for, and it looks amazing! Very nice job. After hunting around this morning though, looks like I can get an actual MIRB for what ends up being less than $10 more after tax (WA State has to pay tax from Amazon).

So looks like i'm just going to go that route after all :-!

I dyed the bezel and strap on one of my Glorious Gold frogs black, the pic is below. I first removed all paint on bezel with goof-off, then dyed with RIT black dye. I also repainted the letters with Testors enamel flat grey and gold. It will look alot like the Dawn Black version. You could also keep the clear bezel and band and buy the Dawn Black bezel and band set but this saves the cost of buying that other set. A Dawn Black bezel and band ill set you back at least $43-$45 bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts