WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am not referring to Moscow Classic, but simply "Classic." I like a watch that is being sold on eBay but I cannot find out much about the brand. It came up when I did a search on Poljot watches and this model - Classic #3 has a Molnija-caliber 3603 movement. The auction listing is here and the seller is German

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330067036937&fromMakeTrack=true

I love the dial on this watch, but I want to know what I am buying.
:thanks

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I am not referring to Moscow Classic, but simply "Classic." I like a watch that is being sold on eBay but I cannot find out much about the brand. It came up when I did a search on Poljot watches and this model - Classic #3 has a Molnija-caliber 3603 movement. The auction listing is here and the seller is German

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330067036937&fromMakeTrack=true

I love the dial on this watch, but I want to know what I am buying.
:thanks

It is a Juri Levenberg watch (JL, note the logo on the dial), substantially made for the well-known on-line seller, with Molnija pocket watch movement.
The low reliability of that seller was already described many times on this forum, moreover you must make attention, because many pieces of this watch were made with caliber 3602 (no shockproof balance wheel) and not with the 3603. The risk is high because the watches sold by Levenberg are often not the same of the auction pics.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a Juri Levenberg watch (JL, note the logo on the dial), substantially made for the well-known on-line seller, with Molnija pocket watch movement.
The low reliability of that seller was already described many times on this forum, moreover you must make attention, because many pieces of this watch were made with caliber 3602 (no shockproof balance wheel) and not with the 3603. The risk is high because the watches sold by Levenberg are often not the same of the auction pics.
Thank you, Michele. You saved me from wasting my money. What a striking dial this watch has! Well, I'll have to keep looking for a dial like this one from a reputable vendor/manufacturer.

Happy New Year 2007,
Donato

·
Registered
3,058 Posts

I have now bought 2 Watches from this seller. Watches were as described, but both came with different Straps to those pictured on eBay. Also the postage for the second was far too high at £25. Watch arrived in normal mail, not even a signature required. Actual cost of sending was 6.65 Euro, (approx £5).

I would think twice before buying from him again.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Thank you, Michele. You saved me from wasting my money. What a striking dial this watch has! Well, I'll have to keep looking for a dial like this one from a reputable vendor/manufacturer.

Happy New Year 2007,
Donato
By the way, i forgot to say that the watch is OK and very nice. The most doubtful thing is the seller...:roll:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts