WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Curious if any owners on here can share thoughts/feelings after having the watch for a while. Did the rubber straps soften with use? How is it holding up with every day use?

I can't find any feedback anywhere online aside from the initial reviews. I know this watch isn't for everyone (overpriced G-shock etc.) but I am seriously interested in picking one up this year, always nice to hear owners feedback if possible as spending time with a watch is valuable.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've owned one for a couple of months, and am totally obsessed with it! It forms part of a wider collection (Rolex GMT Master, Tudor Pelagos LHD, Panerai PAM005, Speedy CK2998), but the Breitling is my daily wearer - it hasn't left my wrist in the last two months.

A few points of note:

Strap - it has got a little softer, but I find it very comfortable. Never been an issue for me.
Weight - just so comfortable, I barely notice it on the wrist. My scales register it as 57g (with the strap). Other reviews I had read comment that it feels like a plastic toy but that's not something I've ever felt. It's light, but in a good way; it feels like a quality, well made object to me.
Timekeeping - across 2 months it hasn't lost/gained any time whatsoever. Extremely precise.

I wanted a casual watch to wear every day but one with a decent brand/image, something that I didn't mind if I knocked (being scratch resistant helps, too), and something that was always showing the right time as I didn't want winders for my autos. It's ticked every box for me. And then there's the blue AR which I'm completely intoxicated with.....

IMG_20210228_145534.jpg IMG_20210329_104709.jpg IMG_20210225_103306.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for all the info - it is beautiful in the blue! I am undecided between the more understated blue or the white - which could be a bit too much sometimes but I like the look for brighter days. Most of my watches are heavy and mechanical so very happy to have the lightweight option that I will not be afraid pick up and go as a daily and take it running several times per week (my main chronograph use) and not be fearful of scratching/knocking same as you say so great to hear it fills this purpose so well.

Also that blue AR - another reason I want the Breitling to indulge in that... you have me convinced I just have to decide on the colour. Is it possible for any kind of discounts on these or will ADs stick to retail as it is a new release? I have heard mixed things - I will ask politely of course at the time.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thank you for all the info - it is beautiful in the blue! I am undecided between the more understated blue or the white - which could be a bit too much sometimes but I like the look for brighter days. Most of my watches are heavy and mechanical so very happy to have the lightweight option that I will not be afraid pick up and go as a daily and take it running several times per week (my main chronograph use) and not be fearful of scratching/knocking same as you say so great to hear it fills this purpose so well.

Also that blue AR - another reason I want the Breitling to indulge in that... you have me convinced I just have to decide on the colour. Is it possible for any kind of discounts on these or will ADs stick to retail as it is a new release? I have heard mixed things - I will ask politely of course at the time.
If you have any more questions then don't hesitate to ask!

RE a discount - I got mine from X, and they took £X off it, so c.X%. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I tried about 6 other jewellers but everyone else wouldn't take more than c. £Y off the RRP. Hope that helps.

Mod edit: Discounts, grey market pricing and Authorized Dealers...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts