WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have here a GW-5600BJ which I know is relatively rare, but I am contemplating on modifying it. Nothing major, mind you, just I am not that fond of the gold tone in the buckle, buttons, and screws. I was thinking of replacing these parts with the plain stainless steel ones from the DW-5600. I was wondering if any of you have done something similar?

Cheers,
Andy

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
Hi Andy,

It's probably very tricky, but I have once transferred a new used button on another G with a broken button. The button is sealed with a sort of metal ring. If I remember right the buttons are double sealed.

Buckles can be easy replaced from the original straps. The buckle is attached with a springbar, so with the pointy side of a sprinbar tool you can un-attach the buckle by pressing in the hole on the side.

Replacing 4 buttons will take a lot of currage and nerve I'm afraid... I am also not sure the buttons of a DW-5600E are the same as a GW-5600... It won't be the first time two models look a 2 drops of water equal to eachother, but small parts not interchangable.

Cheers,

Sjors

P.S. Pics are from an old DW-9000, but the structure will be about the same.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ugh! I guess it is not as simple as I thought. My alternative is to sell this and possibly purchase a Black Spots 5600. Do you know of anyone interested in a practically brand new GW-5600BJ?

Thanks for the advice,
Andy

·
Registered
3,963 Posts
Ugh! I guess it is not as simple as I thought. My alternative is to sell this and possibly purchase a Black Spots 5600. Do you know of anyone interested in a practically brand new GW-5600BJ?

Thanks for the advice,
Andy
Before you sell it off, maybe try swapping modules with the standad GW-5600. Uses the same case so the modules should just dop right in. I'd try that first before changing up buttons, esp since the DW-5600 might have diff. size parts than the GW version.

Such a swap might not be perfect but it'll give you the revese display you're after and leave you with another unique model too. :)

Kev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts