WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Many of us on f6 are watchmakers...(or serious hobbyists...or hobbyists). While we may have a network of other professions with skills/services that complement ours, whom we use for certain tasks; for the most part, we don't send work out of our own shops.

I have not tried Watch Repairs USA. They have an attractive and inviting site.

They claim to employ three master watchmakers...which may be true. If so they are not listed on AWCI's site under "find a professional"...this may simply mean they are not members of AWCI or their watchmakers have other certifications.

They also make this claim, "...we have full access to every major watch manufacturer and parts supplier." If this is correct, it is unusual in the watch repair business.

Google "Watch Repairs USA reviews" and the first link on the list is yelp: Watch Repairs USA - Rockville Centre, NY | Yelp . Not exactly a glowing endorsement. However, the second link seems to be composed almost entirely of happy campers: Watch Repairs USA Reviews - watchrepairsusa.com Ratings at ResellerRatings and lists them as an "Elite Member" (note: this site may be driven by merchant registration/subscription). It is disconcerting that most of the other Google "first-page" links seem to go in the negative direction.

Given the claim of a relationship with every major watch manufacturer, before further consideration, I would check the manufacturer's site and see if they are listed as a repair center for the watch I intended to send to them.

I tend to be skeptical of superlative claims...so on that alone, I would urge an extra dose of caution.

Perhaps if you told us about the timepiece requiring service/repair and where you are located we would have a specific recommendation.

Regards, BG

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many of us on f6 are watchmakers...(or serious hobbyists...or hobbyists). While we may have a network of other professions with skills/services that complement ours, whom we use for certain tasks; for the most part, we don't send work out of our own shops.

I have not tried Watch Repairs USA. They have an attractive and inviting site.

They claim to employ three master watchmakers...which may be true. If so they are not listed on AWCI's site under "find a professional"...this may simply mean they are not members of AWCI or their watchmakers have other certifications.

They also make this claim, "...we have full access to every major watch manufacturer and parts supplier." If this is correct, it is unusual in the watch repair business.

Google "Watch Repairs USA reviews" and the first link on the list is yelp: Watch Repairs USA - Rockville Centre, NY | Yelp . Not exactly a glowing endorsement. However, the second link seems to be composed almost entirely of happy campers: Watch Repairs USA Reviews - watchrepairsusa.com Ratings at ResellerRatings and lists them as an "Elite Member" (note: this site may be driven by merchant registration/subscription). It is disconcerting that most of the other Google "first-page" links seem to go in the negative direction.

Given the claim of a relationship with every major watch manufacturer, before further consideration, I would check the manufacturer's site and see if they are listed as a repair center for the watch I intended to send to them.

I tend to be skeptical of superlative claims...so on that alone, I would urge an extra dose of caution.

Perhaps if you told us about the timepiece requiring service/repair and where you are located we would have a specific recommendation.

Regards, BG
Thank you so much for your feedback.

·
Registered
223 Posts
AVOID THEM! sent them my Fortis for a service and ended up paying over $500, 4 months later it quit working and crown fell out. Since it was under their 1 year warranty I sent it in, they claimed it had a "major impact" which is complete crap and quoted me $101 to replace the crown. Decided to pay it then 1 day later they claim they found more damage and wanted to charge me another $160. If they did an extensive evaluation for the original estimate which they obviously didnt they would have found all the problems. Again AVOID THEM!

·
Registered
3 Posts
AVOID THEM! sent them my Fortis for a service and ended up paying over $500, 4 months later it quit working and crown fell out. Since it was under their 1 year warranty I sent it in, they claimed it had a "major impact" which is complete crap and quoted me $101 to replace the crown. Decided to pay it then 1 day later they claim they found more damage and wanted to charge me another $160. If they did an extensive evaluation for the original estimate which they obviously didnt they would have found all the problems. Again AVOID THEM!
Second this... here to warn others as well!

https://www.yelp.com/biz/watch-repairs-usa-rockville-centre?hrid=RmuZ7EV83VJ7k5UK2GsAnw&utm_campaign=www_review_share_popup&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=(direct)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts