WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
I only own the 1A3. So I can't make a direct comparison. But the lume is very good on the 1A3. Almost as good as on my Seiko Black Monster. 馃憤馃憤

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Registered
Hopefully someone with both models will chime in, because it is hard to tell from separate pics rather than a side by side comparison.

For example here is my 1A3 freshly charged with my Surefire(same pic you used for your first one I believe)

Here is the same watch 5 min later, which looks a lot like your second pic.

Also lume pictures are often hard to judge by. In the two pictures above I had the camera in "dummy" mode, so the camera itself might have compensated for the lack of light a little bit and skewed the results. Plus, people often tweak lume shots in Photoshop to make them look better. For example, in the last pic you show the band looks orange....(Mannnn...now I want an orange Mudmaster :-d )

Registered
That picture of the 1a9 makes that yellow band look orange. I had my hopes up there for a minute. :(

Registered
That picture of the 1a9 makes that yellow band look orange. I had my hopes up there for a minute. :(
I could really go for an orange band.

G-Shock Mod
Lume almost as good as a Seiko Monster is quite an endorsement :)

I only own the 1A3. So I can't make a direct comparison. But the lume is very good on the 1A3. Almost as good as on my Seiko Black Monster. 飸嶏憤

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G900F met Tapatalk

Registered
Hopefully someone with both models will chime in, because it is hard to tell from separate pics rather than a side by side comparison.

For example here is my 1A3 freshly charged with my Surefire(same pic you used for your first one I believe)

Here is the same watch 5 min later, which looks a lot like your second pic.

Also lume pictures are often hard to judge by. In the two pictures above I had the camera in "dummy" mode, so the camera itself might have compensated for the lack of light a little bit and skewed the results. Plus, people often tweak lume shots in Photoshop to make them look better. For example, in the last pic you show the band looks orange....(Mannnn...now I want an orange Mudmaster :-d )
exactly right, theres point in comparing separate photos, far too many variables esp. those using auto/semi auto mode on their cameras/phones. ive had an idea on my to do list for ages to do a porper comparison of backlights and lumes. choose 2 models to set a baseline of best and worse and take a photo first exposing for the brightest then exposing for the darkest then posting the camera settings so others can replicate the comparison on different models |>

as for the "orange" gwg, i dont think it was intentional, the white balance of the image has a warmer temp. possibly due to an incandescent bulb which would give the yellow band more of an orange tone. the slow shutter speed and a slight bump in vibrancy/saturation either in post or in camera to get the lume to pop would be all thats need to push it further into orange territory.

Registered
Thank you all for this excellent discussion.

This question has been on my mind too ever since the Mudmaster showed up on my wishlist.

Hopefully I'll be able to mark it as 'incoming' by the end of this year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts