WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed on the Japan G-Shock website that the Riseman is no longer listed as one of the Master of G watches, is it being discontinued? Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
That's an interesting point. I'd ask the same question about the Mudman also, since neither model looks like it'll be out in the Lightning Yellow series. I think the answer may be that the Rangeman is taking over both?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Hi there - ongoing for the G9000 and G9300

That's an interesting point. I'd ask the same question about the Mudman also, since neither model looks like it'll be out in the Lightning Yellow series. I think the answer may be that the Rangeman is taking over both?

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,553 Posts
If GPS says out of production, I guess that it is. A bit logical with the mew Rangeman. It might be replacing the Riseman bloodline as well. It has been produced for many years, so I wouldn't worry for the availability this year.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
While some people never want to buy a used watch, there will still be many Riseman examples floating around on the used market in great condition. As collectors shift their focus, they let go of models that no longer fit in their focus or to reduce their numbers. Not only that, but I'm confident to say that there are probably many hundreds (if not thousands) of Riseman watches in inventories awaiting to be sold. I don't think you'll have any trouble sourcing one for many years to come. Just for comparison, look at how many older Mudman models are still available for purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts