WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
The current Sea Fighter is gone, but Bill has said it might be back after a redesign.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It is definitely worth it!!! I saw it in my dreams constantly until I got my Squale! I see that they eventually pop on the sales forum, kerp an eye for a pre loved one!

·
Banned
240 Posts
I shopped long and hard to find my SF for several months before I was offered a great Watch for fair price by a respected WUS member for this beauty.

I had considered the Squale several times yet the the SF is a 22MM Lug width. Its seems a beefy watch needs a wider strap. The SF has that bold look to it and presents itself as a business only tool......

FWIW the SF being a MKII Yao built Watch put the icing on the Cake and had a strong influence on my decision.....Im not knocking the Squale by any means its a superb Watch and has strong features as well but I'm partial to MKII Watches.....

Good luck hunting sooner or later someone will drop one in your lap.......

Reactions: powerband

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I had considered the Squale several times yet the the SF is a 22MM Lug width. Its seems a beefy watch needs a wider strap. The SF has that bold look to it and presents itself as a business only tool......

FWIW the SF being a MKII Yao built Watch put the icing on the Cake and had a strong influence on my decision.....Im not knocking the Squale by any means its a superb Watch and has strong features as well but I'm partial to MKII Watches.....

I have owned the Squale, new version. I now own the SeaFighter. I know that Squale has a deep history, but I wasn't impressed with the quality -- especially the very 2-dimensional dial that looks like it was made from flat construction paper (IMO). Also, the Squale uses an ordinary ETA movement, nothing particularly special relative to numerous boutique brands. So I will say this: the Squale build quality and components don't come even close to Bill Yao's MKII SeaFighter.

Best,

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
I mean, my SeaFighter gets like .0332 seconds per 24 hours and 6 comments per weekend. It looks like a missing piece to the Mars Rover.

·
Registered
53 Posts
to echo what others have said above the sea fighter as we currently know it is gone from the mkii lineup for now....mr yao has hinted it may be back in the future in the form of a re-design/re-think...

thats said just search the "for sale" section on wus and other boards and you will find one eventually....i have noticed they come up for sale once or twice per month....for example one polished version with rubber strap on and bracelet unused in the box that was recently shipped new out of the mkii shop showed up early this month on wus and another showed up about a week later on another board in dlc dress...both in excellent condition and with reasonable prices...they are out there and slowly trickle onto the boards for new homes....be patient and you will find the one you want.....

i have two....both with 12hr gmt bezel....one exactly like the seafighter powerband has posted pics of and another one i recently snagged (by sheer luck and a series of unintended/enexpected circumstances) being the very last DLC seafighter available which happened to be in bund I configuration (20 DLC seafighters total were made according to the mkii boutique website)>>>i wear the DLC version on a thicker heavy nylon grey zulu

i have collected/bought multiple mkii watches over the past year after selling a panerai 1000m submersible i just did not bond with, a couple of bathys, and a few misc pieces and used the funds to buy the mkii's i wanted/lusted.....that said i have found the seafighter to be a real winner of a design and you cannot go wrong with finding one on the boards/secondary market...

like powerband i also get multiple positive comments when i wear one of the seafighters out in public.......

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
It's a great watch. Two points of advise:

- Start looking at Elite Deal Seeker Elite Deal Seeker is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

- A brushed SeaFighter case looks great! Bill never sold a brushed version, but a few members here (including myself) asked a competent watchmaker to brush the case. You can see the result below.

Happy hunting!

Menno

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Look on the MKII site, it's back!

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Look on the MKII site, it's back!
Hey Rugman,

I might have not seen what you saw, but on the MKII's Sea Fighter page, at the very beginning of the paragraph, it says:

"THE SEA FIGHTER IS NOW SOLD OUT. THIS MODEL HAS BEEN DISCONTINUED"

Best,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts