WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hasta La Vista high price in the Vintage G-Shocks..
The days of abuse of prices ended ...

For many years many people from the world assembled old G-Shocks watches with multiple pieces, like the real "Transformers".
Today, the supply is greater than demand, and the watches are most original.
It's the end of a long date of high prices of the vintage watches.

The Facts:
About Dw5000, Dw5200, WW5100, WW5300, DW5400, DW5700 and DW 5800. More SWC and others
1) The steel box has lousy factory finish.
2) The liquid crystal has no resistance, he blurs and irreversible problems not resist the time in normal conditions.
3) The alarm system in the glass damage the internal screenprinting.Design flaw corrected in the model Dw5600E
4) screen printing does not support time, and creates the internal bubbles, self-destructing.(Poor quality)
5) The screws on the bezel break easily condemning all watch. There is no repair. The impact protection is partially compromised (Terrible project)
6) Only one screw 1mm broken, sacrifices all the watch?
7) The internal protection features large errors of project. The circuit turns inside of the box.
8)Let us be sincere where are the quality and resistance? The product was not planned to last no more than 10 years. It is a FACT.
It is a reality. Do not have the endurance of the Citizen watches or Seiko watches.

CITIZEN SHOCK RESIST 300 METERS MADE IN 1984
By Citizen Watch Co. Ltd. Japan

Excellent watch in every way.
1) Great liquid crystal.
2) Great silkscreened glass.
3) Steel case back and screws of excellent quality
4) Finished 100% higher than the Casio
6) There are perfect models today, You find it in Ebay
7) Great purchase price, cost & benefit unmatched.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
i don't quite get the logic here ??? nobody is gonna buy vintage Gshocks anymore because they spent the money on the Rangeman ? LOLz

·
Registered
19,230 Posts
The Rangeman is basically a solar watch, there are a lot of jobs for which you'll need a regular battery powered watch.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I dun getit :)

There is still high demand for vintages and it will be until there will be no more vintages. If you just got Rangeman, doesn't mean everyone else aren't interested in vintages anymore :-d

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Ridiculous. Vintage 80's and rarer 90's models are only going to increase in price as there become less and less examples in good condition.

Lots of people like me aren't interested in the newer, much too large G-Shocks and would rather be he proud owner of a much harder to acquire example of G-Shock history.

Of course, new models are a fantastic way to get more people buying and collecting G-Shocks of all age an styles so I'm glad they keep them coming out.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I could never see the appeal in collecting 300 exactly the same G-Shocks. What's the point, even if it's a different model, it's pretty much exactly the same. Having few different ones, sure, but some have like 15 or moe of pretty much cloned models. WHY!? I have G-Shock and Baby-G and even these two are like day and night from functionality and visuals. Let alone the Futurist which isn't quite in the G-Shock category but still Casio...

·
Registered
281 Posts
I can't believe nobody here is commenting on how much that Citizen is "inspired" by G Shock. Or how poorly made and chintzy it appears. 4 screw back plate, and its not even a stainless case. I don't know Citizen digitals very well, but I hope that chintzy looking piece is actually a fake, as i am a definite Citizen fan.

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
I cannot find dw5200 both amazon and ebay :(. I'm not sure if the price will be $100. It could cost a lot more.

Sent from Nexus 4
You won't find DW-5200 on Amazon, that is 100 % :)

In the last 2 weeks as I was browsing eBay, there were minimum 6 DW-5200 for sale in diffrent conditions, most of them are without bezel and strap. You can of course by bezel and strap from Brazil.

DW-5200 are out there, just takes some time to find good one |>

·
Registered
4,833 Posts
The OP deserves a facepalm.

Just because the bezel on your DW-5200 rotted away, now all vintages are lousy products?

There are thousands of screwbacks from 80's still going these days and will for years.

I'm not going further into this, it's not worth it.

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
I saw this post last night and just shook my head, not quite knowing where this guy was coming from. He had a Rangeman displayed. I guess he was thinking that it was invalidating all vintage pieces.

But now he edited it and has swapped in a Citizen digital watch. Heh. Doesn't that smell of "trying to find some way to create agitation."

Well, it's funny -- when you make something really well, it sells. The Citizen DQ-7511 LCD digital watch certainly had a very rugged casing, but the LCD display is lousy. The time and date digits are the same size. The time is what you reference most of all, so it should be larger, as CASIO made it. The dial graphics are visually NOISY. I really don't care for the way this watch looks. CASIO has a much cleaner design. And as for resin endurance... not all models suffer from resin rot. And... CASIO has improved on this module, whereas Citizen abandoned theirs.

So I find the points argued to be flawed. OK, some people really like what Citizen made. Fine. But to berate CASIO and try to distort facts to make it look like the CITIZEN watch is superior is... well... borders on trolling (to me anyway).

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
^ You've been on WUS since 2008, so you're definitely not a newcomer with a troll agenda. But what's your deal here? You bump a dead thread with some innocuous declaration "Very good watch have you. It is a Citizen watch" and then link to it here. You obviously obtained a DQ-7511 and like it, but if you want to spread awareness, you should have responded to that linked thread and shared your compliments, not start an incendiary new thread like this one. :-|

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Okay fellas I apologize. "CASIO G-SHOCK WATCH IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD"

I saw this post last night and just shook my head, not quite knowing where this guy was coming from. He had a Rangeman displayed. I guess he was thinking that it was invalidating all vintage pieces.

But now he edited it and has swapped in a Citizen digital watch. Heh. Doesn't that smell of "trying to find some way to create agitation."

Well, it's funny -- when you make something really well, it sells. The Citizen DQ-7511 LCD digital watch certainly had a very rugged casing, but the LCD display is lousy. The time and date digits are the same size. The time is what you reference most of all, so it should be larger, as CASIO made it. The dial graphics are visually NOISY. I really don't care for the way this watch looks. CASIO has a much cleaner design. And as for resin endurance... not all models suffer from resin rot. And... CASIO has improved on this module, whereas Citizen abandoned theirs.

So I find the points argued to be flawed. OK, some people really like what Citizen made. Fine. But to berate CASIO and try to distort facts to make it look like the CITIZEN watch is superior is... well... borders on trolling (to me anyway).

·
Registered
6,106 Posts
And there you go.

Beware the troll....

Reactions: Crater
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.