WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I am new to watches and I want to make my first purchase a good one. I am 20 years old, 5'6, 160lbs, and have a 6.5 inch wrist and I dont really like "big" watches. I love breitling, omega, Sinn, etc. I am having a problem finding a watch in my price range because everywhere i look online, I cant find "retail" prices for them. I have been to stores, but havent really considered anything until I discovered this forum a few days ago. I tried on a tag link quartz and I think it fit my wrist nicely (39mm), (I also didn't know the retail was $2,600 but could get 25% off until i came here). These are little tricks I had no idea about.

I like SS bracelets. So far I like the Sinn 856 UTC Tegimented on Bracelet, but dont really know what kind of upkeep a german watch would require & its retail is out of my price range. I also love the omega seamaster planet ocean (orange one) but this watch seems out of my price range for sure. I am realisticly trying to spend 1,000-1,200 or possibly up to 1,500 for the right used/new watch.

Also as you can see I have weird tastes, I also like the TAG quartz with black dial and diamonds. Comparing all three of these watches is like apples to oranges IMO since they all stand out in their own ways.

I am really confused, if anyone can give me a suggestion with a retail price, discounted price (is applicable at AD) or used watch link on something I may like i'd really appreciate it. Pictures always help.

I've never owned a watch before and I want to make sure the first purchase is a good one!

Thanks o|

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
places like www.prestigetime.com will tell you the retail prices for a lot of watches... www.watchbuys.com is a Sinn AD.... these are both straight google searches btw
Thanks, I decided against the price of the TAG, so im on the hunt for something else. I'd buy the omega planet ocean (favorite watch so far) if it wasn't so expensive :-s guess im still on the search. the Sinn 556 is nice, but just seems in such a different league than looking at the planet ocean. Hmmm...

·
Registered
658 Posts
You could always keep and eye out for a second hand Planet ocean. I'm the same weight, height and have the same wrist size as you, and for some reason I've found the planet ocean a little big on the wrist. You'd need to try it, or in fact, any watch, on in person before making a purchase.

Just throwing this lot out there for ya. Some of my personal favourites.

Sinn 556

Breitling SuperOcean (this is the older model, there is a new 2008 version but that will be expensive. Great watch and it wears really well on SS bracelet.)

Breitling Colt Quartz II (7 year battery life, accurate to +/- 15 secs. a year but realistically, much less than this. You will not have to worry about maintenance for quite a while! Also, it's brushed SS so it's more inconspicuous)

Omega Seamaster 300m (a lot of these floating around AD windows, second hand etc.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts