WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my Tudor Pepsi GMT back in late August, wore the watch a bit through rotation, and just notice my date jumped two days. Outside of this mentioned issue, the watch has been running fantastic. Reaching out for others that may have experienced any related issues with there GMT's.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've seen a number of posts about it and IIRC it's a lubrication issue? In any event you should send it back in for service. I had one and I didn't experience the date wheel issue.

·
14,558 Posts
Personally, I would set the watch to the correct time and date. I would also give it 40 full winds. Then, I would see if it happens again. It’s not like you have to worry about the warranty period ending anytime soon. Of course send it in if it happens again. Maybe it was just a fluke.

JMHO

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am coming up on my 5th week of ownership and it hasn't happened to me ::knock on wood:: But yes the issue is well-documented on TRF as well, and seems to come up between 1-6 weeks of ownership.

When I first received it, I did a full 30 day cycle of the date wheel before setting it to the correct one.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it the 28th? Well, the date wheel advanced again, now four days ahead after five days of run time. I will send the watch back for service in the near future, so do not despair on that note. But for now, I wish to see if there is a pattern of the jump cycle for a couple more days. After this cycle, I will reset the watch at a different GMT setting (...now on military), and make another observation. On a positive note, the watch is keeping fantastic time at +2 sec after five days (...or is it +345,602 seconds?).

·
Registered
184 Posts
I'm sorry to hear. Three months of daily wear, time zone change almost weekly, last week in China. Date has been flawless. Watch has been flawless. I haven't stopped the second hand once in the three months I've had it, and pretty consistently within one second of atomic clock. I do do a bit of positional regulation when off the wrist over night (worn +.7 spd, Crown Down -2.2 spd, Crown up +3.5 spd, Dial up -1.9 spd).

I could not be happier with my Tudor GMT.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah sorry to hear it. Just as an aside, I monitor mine daily with a timegrapher and it has been a constant +1-2/day in the month I've owned it. No date issue as I mentioned above, but I am considering sending mine back due to some dust specks under the dial. But the watch is keeping such good time that I am hesitant to do it.

Despite some of the minor quality issues (that no brand really escapes), I am still in love with the watch.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I've had my GMT since late June and I've had zero issues with my watch. If what I heard was correct there was a small batch that were over lubricated and that is what causes the issue. I'm sure Tudor will take care of it promptly for you. Continue to enjoy it because it's one hell of a watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is it the 28th? Well, the date wheel advanced again, now four days ahead after five days of run time. I will send the watch back for service in the near future, so do not despair on that note. But for now, I wish to see if there is a pattern of the jump cycle for a couple more days. After this cycle, I will reset the watch at a different GMT setting (...now on military), and make another observation. On a positive note, the watch is keeping fantastic time at +2 sec after five days (...or is it +345,602 seconds?).
What is the wait time to get this issue fixed? Sucks that you have to wait to get the watch and then send back again.

·
Registered
13,804 Posts
Personally, I would set the watch to the correct time and date. I would also give it 40 full winds. Then, I would see if it happens again. It’s not like you have to worry about the warranty period ending anytime soon. Of course send it in if it happens again. Maybe it was just a fluke.

JMHO
I don't appreciate your rational response. This is the internet! He should storm into his AD and demand a new watch. Even if they accommodate his demand he must loudly shout how unexceptionable this is for a watch that costs nearly $4k! After receiving his repaired or replaced watch he should start a new thread about how the experience has ruined the watch for him.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't appreciate your rational response. This is the internet! He should storm into his AD and demand a new watch. Even if they accommodate his demand he must loudly shout how unexceptionable this is for a watch that costs nearly $4k! After receiving his repaired or replaced watch he should start a new thread about how the experience has ruined the watch for him.
I have been down this road before, mostly with my Omega's. It's ironic, that the cheaper (i.e. cost wise) my watches are, the less headaches and heartaches I have received. But, optimism most prevail, this is Tudor's new movement, and there will be bugs. I just hope it will not be as a bad experience with my Omega Broad Arrow fix, where that was also a new issued movement at the time.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Recycled the watch two days ago to London time for the GMT hand. Yesterday, perfect for the 25th day. Now, should be the 26th (...picture shows a mid- jump between the 26th to the 27th).

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
Received my Tudor Pepsi GMT back in late August, wore the watch a bit through rotation, and just notice my date jumped two days. Outside of this mentioned issue, the watch has been running fantastic. Reaching out for others that may have experienced any related issues with there GMT's.
Sorry zero help on your issue, just wanted to comment on that strap; looks BOSS on that watch, nice work

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sorry zero help on your issue, just wanted to comment on that strap; looks BOSS on that watch, nice work
Thanks for the compliment.. Well, the watch is being sent in for service, where I was just at the dealer this afternoon. Looked around at the Rolex case, and no sport models to be seen. But the dealer's selection of Omegas was pretty intense; tried on the Speedmaster Racing dial, WOW!

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
...Well, the watch is being sent in for service, where I was just at the dealer this afternoon...
Good luck & please continue to keep us posted |>

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
Thanks for the compliment.. Well, the watch is being sent in for service, where I was just at the dealer this afternoon. Looked around at the Rolex case, and no sport models to be seen. But the dealer's selection of Omegas was pretty intense; tried on the Speedmaster Racing dial, WOW!
Best of luck with the repair mate.

Reactions: anrex
1 - 16 of 16 Posts