WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

701 - 720 of 728 Posts

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I could see that. It doesn’t upshift as fast, or downshift as smooth as what I’ve experienced in other VAG dual-clutch cars.

Either way, I’ll be doing a trans tune eventually, just a matter of figuring out if I want to void the 72k mile bumper to bumper warranty that came with it being a ‘19.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea that’s the conundrum I am having as well. I think I’m going to leave my R stock. Which is something I didn’t usually say about any of my previous cars haha.

I can’t believe VW did away with that warranty. Makes me reconsider another in the future. Mine is a 2018, and that warranty is best in its class compared to any econobox sports cars.

Reactions: projekt-h

·
Registered
234 Posts
I could see that. It doesn’t upshift as fast, or downshift as smooth as what I’ve experienced in other VAG dual-clutch cars.

Either way, I’ll be doing a trans tune eventually, just a matter of figuring out if I want to void the 72k mile bumper to bumper warranty that came with it being a ‘19.

Yes, I decided not to get mine remapped, despite the lure of a significant increase in power. It was the right decision as I’ve had several warranty claims, which I’ve no doubt they would have tried to not honour had I mapped it

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Yes, I decided not to get mine remapped, despite the lure of a significant increase in power. It was the right decision as I’ve had several warranty claims, which I’ve no doubt they would have tried to not honour had I mapped it

Look into the JB4.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Chevrolets (or Pontiacs)...
Play toy: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE (full exhaust, e85, ported IM/TB. 480rwhp/490rwtq).

Daily Driver: 2015 Malibu 2LT

Former toys:
2003 C5 Z06

2001 Pontiac (R.I.P.) Trans Am WS6:

·
Registered
663 Posts
Yea that’s the conundrum I am having as well. I think I’m going to leave my R stock. Which is something I didn’t usually say about any of my previous cars haha.

I can’t believe VW did away with that warranty. Makes me reconsider another in the future. Mine is a 2018, and that warranty is best in its class compared to any econobox sports cars.
It was part of their “dieselgate apology tour” (unofficial name) trying to keep people interested in them and forget about the emissions scandal. I guess they decided it’s been long enough and it’s all forgiven now that they’re doing a lot of EV development.

I’m not big on the screens all over the MK8, and found out all 2020 model year cars came with active cruise and all that jazz (which I very much did not want, my outback it replaced had that and drove me mad) which is what pushed me to buy my ‘19 a little bit earlier than I had planned on buying anything. The warranty wasn’t a big factor in buying, but was definitely a nice bonus.

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
I love American V8s.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Just to throw in my 2 cents..

I have yet to find a truck that I really like.
Something that provides reliability and luxury at one time.
I have owned all brands and I like a few things from each.
Maybe one of these days I can find something that has exactly what I’m looking for.

·
Premium Member
Rolex Explorer 214270 mkII
657 Posts
Tesla for me.
We have two. Model 3 and Model Y. Overall, positive experience. I'm not brand loyal in the car industry, but for an electric vehicle, there really isn't a ton of competition.

·
Registered
191 Posts
On my third BMW.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Did I want a Miata as a daily driver in NE weather? No, I haven't gone completely senile and insane yet. But much like adding unlimited garlic herb butter shrimp to any entree for $8.99 at Outback Steakhouse, there are deals in life you just cannot pass up.
View attachment 15509865
I’ve driven for years in upstate NY year-round with two RWD convertible BMWs (one with 220k miles) and a Mazda RX-7 (with 250k). No worries.

·
Registered
759 Posts
2021 is the final year for the Toyota LandCruiser, and there is a new model for this last year of production. The Toyota LandCruiser 300. I would love to own one! Vance.

Reactions: VincentG
701 - 720 of 728 Posts