WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm exited as its my first Auto. Unfortunatley I am getting on a place at 1:30 and think I will miss the mail but oh well. Just wanted to say hello in here. I am planning a couple mods already - ceramic bezel and domed sapphire glass. How hard is it to make this windable?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Live with it a while before making mods - part of its pleasure is the bulletproof minimalism of having everything that it needs - and nothing more.

I have one & love it, have taken it 90 feet deep in the ocean, into the snow, desert, etc. and the SKX007 endures it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Live with it a while before making mods - part of its pleasure is the bulletproof minimalism of having everything that it needs - and nothing more.

I have one & love it, have taken it 90 feet deep in the ocean, into the snow, desert, etc. and the SKX007 endures it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sound advice I will probably heed. I am a tinkerer at heart though so I will only be able to hold out so long.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sweet, you got the Japan version that say "21 Jewels". Where did you get it and how much if you dont mind me asking? I got mine on Amazon for $191 I think.
I got it from creation. I believe it was $257cdn (which is around $205us). I know everyone says they’re the same (k and j) but I didn’t mind spending a couple extra bucks to get the J.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Anyone recommend a solid Nato brand shop? Maybe on Amazon? I have a Luminox with a Maratac Zulu that I love. I dont like the traditional Nato style with the two straps really.

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I may just be a simple country boy... but I own a couple 7s26 watches (009 and A35) and a couple 4R watches (SRP637 and SRP777) and I can't say i have ever thought "g*d d*** I need to get me a 4R for these SKX's ...

blah blah blah hacking blah.. don't care.. leave the SKX as it is.. if the movement died in one of my SKX's I might get a 4R but I ain't in any big hurry..

I think some people make a bigger deal about the 7S26 needing to be upgraded than is remotely the case.. it is pretty basic and simple..but that is part of the point these are cheap 200m beater watches.. that get the job done .. and that is fine.. just fine indeed.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I may just be a simple country boy... but I own a couple 7s26 watches (009 and A35) and a couple 4R watches (SRP637 and SRP777) and I can't say i have ever thought "g*d d*** I need to get me a 4R for these SKX's ...

blah blah blah hacking blah.. don't care.. leave the SKX as it is.. if the movement died in one of my SKX's I might get a 4R but I ain't in any big hurry..

I think some people make a bigger deal about the 7S26 needing to be upgraded than is remotely the case.. it is pretty basic and simple..but that is part of the point these are cheap 200m beater watches.. that get the job done .. and that is fine.. just fine indeed.
I like what you have to say. I may try and find a case just to build a custom watch with the 4R.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,905 Posts

Agree, would be almost cheaper just to buy a turtle and leave the SKX as is, but each to their own, the SKX may be a better fit for the op i suppose.

·
Premium Member
323 Posts
My 'K'model is on the stock jubilee bracelet. I'm delighted with it - such a good watch for so little cash.

I hope you like yours at least as much!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts