WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On October 24th, 1994, Lange shook the horological world with 123 watches: the original Lange 1, Saxonia, Arkade, and Tourbillon "Pour Le Mérite."

If one of the 123 were to go on sale today, how much would it fetch for? Of course, the prices would vary, but what do you guys think?

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I think they'd command a bit of a premium but not a huge premium. The Arkade and Saxonia were never hugely popular. All the Tourbillon PLM watches have prettly low numbers anyway (I think ranging in the first 200-400 caseback and movement numbers that Lange made in 1994) and already command a nice premium. I think the earliest Lange 1s with very very low caseback numbers might sell for a bit more than their counterparts with slightly higher numbers (but still with solid casebacks). But early Lange 1s with solid casebacks aren't too hard to find, and a lot of people prefer the display back to the solid back. So bottom line: I don't think the low number would make too much of a difference. That's just my 2 cents, of course -- and it takes only one willing buyer to invalidate that opinion!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts