WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have I made a mistake ordering from Superchrono ?
They're a WUS sponsor so I thought it would be OK.

I ordered and paid for a Hamilton Jazzmaster on the 18th, last weekend. On Monday 20th I received a confirmation email and a Fedex tracking number. I checked Fedex every day since for activity & it just says 'Nov 20th Package data transmitted to FedEx'.
(My experience of deliveries by Fedex from Asia to UK is usually about three days and with detailed updates).
I emailed Superchrono on Friday but have not had a reply.

What do you think?

·
Registered
811 Posts
Have I made a mistake ordering from Superchrono ?
They're a WUS sponsor so I thought it would be OK.

I ordered and paid for a Hamilton Jazzmaster on the 18th, last weekend. On Monday 20th I received a confirmation email and a Fedex tracking number. I checked Fedex every day since for activity & it just says 'Nov 20th Package data transmitted to FedEx'.
(My experience of deliveries by Fedex from Asia to UK is usually about three days and with detailed updates).
I emailed Superchrono on Friday but have not had a reply.

What do you think?
Unfortunately, your transaction coincided with the
holiday, when everything comes to a screeching
standstill. Contact FedEx directly tomorrow, & hopefully
you'll have the watch now, or delivered very shortly. The
worst scenario is not getting it, but I count all things of
that nature as losses, & subsequent tax deductions. How-
ever, like you, I prefer receiving the item intact. PAX! :thanks

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Have I made a mistake ordering from Superchrono ?...I emailed Superchrono on Friday but have not had a reply.

What do you think?
Are you worried Superchrono has stolen your money? I doubt that's the case, Friday afternoon in the UK is Friday night in Asia, perhaps your email hasn't been read yet?

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunately, your transaction coincided with the
holiday, when everything comes to a screeching
standstill. Contact FedEx directly tomorrow, & hopefully
you'll have the watch now, or delivered very shortly. The
worst scenario is not getting it, but I count all things of
that nature as losses, & subsequent tax deductions. How-
ever, like you, I prefer receiving the item intact. PAX! :thanks
I bought a Citizen chronograph from them without any trouble. :-!

Cheers,
Griff
Thanks for your your replies guys:)|>

·
Registered
737 Posts
Do you not have a "tracking number" so you can go on the FedEx website? It should show and confirm every step of the journey, right to your front door.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Do you not have a "tracking number" so you can go on the FedEx website? It should show and confirm every step of the journey, right to your front door.
Yes, I have a tracking number and check the Fedex website every day for activity & it just says 'Nov 20th Package data transmitted to FedEx'.

V

·
0 Posts
I would think that ordering on a Sat. and having the watch shipped out Mon is excellent, considering Sunday is a rest day.

You got a tracking number within one business day. What more can one ask from a watch seller? Fed-Ex is one of the best and most expensive couriers around. They're usually faster and more reliable than even insured express air. I can't think of a better carrier without venturing into 3-digit shipping rates.

As for the package being delayed, I think it has to do with the holidays. Fed-Ex is after all, American and Thanksgiving usually means a long long weekend starting from Thursday for most people. There is also the additional holiday mail volume that further chokes the system.

One rarely loses things with Fed-Ex. Just a patient wait tt's all.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Fedex only made a small amount of deliveries in the US on Friday also (it was still a holiday for UPS and Fedex) so this likely increased the delivery time a bit. I wouldn't worry at all.

Todd

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fedex only made a small amount of deliveries in the US on Friday also (it was still a holiday for UPS and Fedex) so this likely increased the delivery time a bit. I wouldn't worry at all.

Todd
Thanks Todd.
I just wondered about the phrase 'Nov 20th Package data transmitted to FedEx'. To me it implies that information about the package had been sent rather than the package itself. Usually, when Fedex have a package for shipment it says something like 'package received at Fedex depot' or along those lines.
It made me think that Fedex don't even have the item yet.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Thanks Todd.
I just wondered about the phrase 'Nov 20th Package data transmitted to FedEx'. To me it implies that information about the package had been sent rather than the package itself. Usually, when Fedex have a package for shipment it says something like 'package received at Fedex depot' or along those lines.
That's entirely possible. It's also possible that the staff that updates that was off also. All in all I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Todd

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Thanks Todd.

I have seen that info before. It means just what you said: They have the data to pick up the package and it is not in the system yet. As everyone else says - with the holiday etc. things are a little messed up.
I would think it'll all work out, just take longer than usual.
regards,
Dave

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's entirely possible. It's also possible that the staff that updates that was off also. All in all I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Todd
I have seen that info before. It means just what you said: They have the data to pick up the package and it is not in the system yet. As everyone else says - with the holiday etc. things are a little messed up.
I would think it'll all work out, just take longer than usual.
regards,
Dave
Thanks for your replies, much appreciated ;-)

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just checked with Fedex and they confirmed that they had data from the seller but not the package.
Maybe Superchrono will answer my email correspondence to explain what is going on.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I have to add another vote for FedEx. :-! I have had a business account with them for 24 years and in all that time they have only made 2 errors - both of which they corrected quickly and efficiently, with apologies.

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
Best of luck Dapper.
By all accounts they're solid dealers so I'm sure you'll be ok.

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here's an update;-)

The status with Fedex is the same - they have data but no package.
Superchrono have answered two of my emails where I requested information as to what's going on - each time they said 'we check for you'. Well, this doesn't help much & I'm still in the dark :think:

I've asked for a refund so now I'm awaiting a watch or my money back - either will do :-d

1 - 20 of 45 Posts