WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Have I made a mistake?

4K views 44 replies 16 participants last post by  strongmace 
#1 ·
Have I made a mistake ordering from Superchrono ?
They're a WUS sponsor so I thought it would be OK.

I ordered and paid for a Hamilton Jazzmaster on the 18th, last weekend. On Monday 20th I received a confirmation email and a Fedex tracking number. I checked Fedex every day since for activity & it just says 'Nov 20th Package data transmitted to FedEx'.
(My experience of deliveries by Fedex from Asia to UK is usually about three days and with detailed updates).
I emailed Superchrono on Friday but have not had a reply.

What do you think?

#2 ·
Have I made a mistake ordering from Superchrono ?
They're a WUS sponsor so I thought it would be OK.

I ordered and paid for a Hamilton Jazzmaster on the 18th, last weekend. On Monday 20th I received a confirmation email and a Fedex tracking number. I checked Fedex every day since for activity & it just says 'Nov 20th Package data transmitted to FedEx'.
(My experience of deliveries by Fedex from Asia to UK is usually about three days and with detailed updates).
I emailed Superchrono on Friday but have not had a reply.

What do you think?
Unfortunately, your transaction coincided with the
holiday, when everything comes to a screeching
standstill. Contact FedEx directly tomorrow, & hopefully
you'll have the watch now, or delivered very shortly. The
worst scenario is not getting it, but I count all things of
that nature as losses, & subsequent tax deductions. How-
ever, like you, I prefer receiving the item intact. PAX! :thanks

G
#9 ·
I would think that ordering on a Sat. and having the watch shipped out Mon is excellent, considering Sunday is a rest day.

You got a tracking number within one business day. What more can one ask from a watch seller? Fed-Ex is one of the best and most expensive couriers around. They're usually faster and more reliable than even insured express air. I can't think of a better carrier without venturing into 3-digit shipping rates.

As for the package being delayed, I think it has to do with the holidays. Fed-Ex is after all, American and Thanksgiving usually means a long long weekend starting from Thursday for most people. There is also the additional holiday mail volume that further chokes the system.

One rarely loses things with Fed-Ex. Just a patient wait tt's all.

#11 ·
Fedex only made a small amount of deliveries in the US on Friday also (it was still a holiday for UPS and Fedex) so this likely increased the delivery time a bit. I wouldn't worry at all.

Todd
Thanks Todd.
I just wondered about the phrase 'Nov 20th Package data transmitted to FedEx'. To me it implies that information about the package had been sent rather than the package itself. Usually, when Fedex have a package for shipment it says something like 'package received at Fedex depot' or along those lines.
It made me think that Fedex don't even have the item yet.

#20 ·
Here's an update;-)

The status with Fedex is the same - they have data but no package.
Superchrono have answered two of my emails where I requested information as to what's going on - each time they said 'we check for you'. Well, this doesn't help much & I'm still in the dark :think:

I've asked for a refund so now I'm awaiting a watch or my money back - either will do :-d

#25 ·
Personally, I absolutely hate FedEx <| for various reasons, mainly because they love to come early in the day when most people are at work. Then I have to either reschedule delivery and take a day off from work or drive the 20 miles to their closest pickup point. At least UPS comes after 5PM. My favorite will always be good ole USPS, bureaucratic nightmare or not, I always get my package.

I hope it works out for you Dapper :-!

Cheers,
Griff

#29 ·
Thanks for this - It's not me but it's now clear that I'm not alone and there are real problems with Superchrono.

I paid them through Paypal so I suppose the next step is to file a dispute -wonder what the chances of recovery are like:think:

#30 ·
I, too, have had problems with Fedex recently.

They delivered a CPU chip I ordered to the wrong house, and I still don't know where it is. I had to call the company up to let them know about it, and called up Fedex to do 'research'. They've been really a hassle recently for me...anyways.

Get this, I also had a rather sensitive document sent via Fedex Express to me, and rather than have it Signaturized....they just left it on the front door. Luckily, I intercepted it after work.

I am not sure how they are doing business as of now....but I remember them being much better a couple years ago.

I hope your watch situation goes for the better.

Best,
Ilham

#34 · (Edited)
Thanks for all your good wishes on this |>

I heard nothing from Superchrono so, yesterday, I started a Paypal dispute. This morning I received an email from Paypal that the dispute is closed - Superchrono have made a full refund :)

Still no explanation from Superchrono about what went wrong. At least they did the right thing in the end but please be wary if you're thinking of ordering from them.

So, does anyone know a reliable source for a Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono at a good price (and will ship to UK) ? b-)

All the best,
Alan :)

#35 ·
Thanks for all your good wishes on this |>

I heard nothing from Superchrono so, yesterday, I started a Paypal dispute. This morning I received an email from Paypal that the dispute is closed - Superchrono have made a full refund :)

Still no explanation from Superchrono about what went wrong. At least they did the right thing in the end but please be wary if you're thinking of ordering from them.

So, does anyone know a reliable source for a Hamilton Jazzmaster Chrono at a good price (and will ship to UK) ? b-)

All the best,
Alan :)
Good to see that you have your money back. Did you get the full amount? I had a similar problem some time ago with a seller in New York, and when I got my refund from PayPal I lost about £16!

Capitalmall on eBay has been selling Jazzmaster Chrono's lately for about £350. I did think of getting one myself, it's a great looking Watch.:-!

#41 ·
Hi Guys, I just found this thread... Dapper- I'm having the exact same problem, I ordered a Retrowerk R004 watch from SuperChrono on Nov. 26th and received a FedEx Tracking number the next day with the same "Package data transmitted to FedEx " message. As of today, Dec. 13th it hasn't changed and I've gotten no reply from SuperChrono. I began a dispute through Paypal 5 days ago, still no answer, so I'll give them until the first of next week, if I don't hear anything, I'll file a claim for a refund. I also paid through paypal using my AMEX card, so I know they'll back me up if I have any problems. It's a real shame, I really wanted the watch, and I had read on several other threads that the company was reliable, so I don't know what has happened with them, but I'd have to say in light of Dapper and my shared experiences, buyer beware!!!

#43 ·
Welcome Vlad:)
Sorry to hear you're having problems too - hope you soon get it sorted. Keep at them & let us know what's happening.
Tragic's idea sounds good - it could spur them to action and realise the damage they're doing to their reputation.

#44 ·
Hey guys, thanks!
Well, after reading the posts in this thread, I went ahead and changed my PayPal dispute to a claim. The very next day, I got not one but two emails from SuperChrono! They apologized for the delay and said that the watch was not in stock, but that they could get it for me in about seven days. I don’t know why it was going to take an additional seven days after I‘ve been waiting over ten already! To be honest, it ticked me off (pun intended-sorry!) for several reasons-
1.They should have had it listed on their site as out of stock to begin with
2. When I ordered it, they should have just told me it was back ordered and I would have been happy to wait, but instead they sent me a misleading tracking number, which to me indicates they were trying to stall or outright mislead me.
3. They should have answered my first four emails before I had to go to a claim for a refund.
The upside: they were quick to give me my refund in full, so from that standpoint I'd have to say they did the right thing- finally. I guess what I'd have to take away from this experience is that it could have been an honest mistake not having the watch in stock, but a little straightforward communication would have made it easier for the both of us. I'm not saying they're dishonest, but I don't think I'll be trying them again, which is a shame because they had several watches that I wanted. Oh yeah, and Paypal was efficient with the claim. The very good news is that I ordered my watch from Kenmar, and it should be here tomorrow! (They sent a real working tracking number and everything!!!)
Thanks again, this forum is terrific.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.