WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When do you guys think the N series will start trickling in to the AD's?

is it like auto manufacturers where they come in at the end of the previous year?

and how will it affect the prices of the NOS pieces? say there is an N and M side by side of the same model in the case for sale, would they have diff prices?

do leftover watches go down in price? or the the Year it was made make little difference?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Based on my experience, you won't get a discount for an older year. Depending on the model, some are more expensive. The parallel you draw to a car isn't accurate. You're assuming unlimited supply, which no PAMs are.

The ones no one wants to buy, you probably won't be interested in collecting. For one part of the thrill is how exclusive some of the pieces are.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Based on my experience, you won't get a discount for an older year. Depending on the model, some are more expensive. The parallel you draw to a car isn't accurate. You're assuming unlimited supply, which no PAMs are.

The ones no one wants to buy, you probably won't be interested in collecting. For one part of the thrill is how exclusive some of the pieces are.

Panerai does not allow AD's to give discounts, and I believe that they are still in the "M" series.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discounts definitely happen though, mostly under the table, even from an AD. They occur mainly OUS.

Oh, and once with a local AD in SF during the peak of the mortgage crisis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts